Kid's Names

by StinkyPantz 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Wendy
    Wendy

Hey Stinkypants

We actually have a little black boy that lives across the street and his nickname is Stinkypants hehe. I have 3 kids, two boys and one girl. Miranda Angela...Timothy Alexander Lawrence...and the latest Thomas William Riley we call Riley by his 2nd middle name I changed Miranda's middle name at the last minute, and named her after an aunt who passed away on her father's side. She was going to be Miranda Lee.

Just play around with a bunch of names. My sister has a daughter named Cassy, I think that is a sweet name. And Bitter Mango has a very nice sounding name as well, it is kinda hard to say though hehe. Good luck and let us know what you are thinking.

wendy

• bitter mango
    bitter mango
    Bitter Mango has a very nice sounding name as well, it is kinda hard to say though hehe.

i told you!!!

hehe, thanks wendy

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    Unfortunately he thinks the names I like are too BLACK. He says we can't give our kids black names, what if the comes out looking more white.

What an asinine thing to say. It's an ill wind that blows no minds. You can tell him I said so.

My son had a biracial friend named Mel -- short for Melanin. Yes, his parents knew what it meant, and Melanin himself was offended when people refused to call him by his right name.

My daughter's middle name is Swedish for "butterfly" -- Fjrell. We picked it as a bilingual pun -- my stepfather's family is Swedish and my mother's maiden name was Ferrall. My kids were jealous of each other's names -- my son's initials spelled JEM and my daughter's name had an umlaut in it.

Gently Feral

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My old job had a fellow (black) named Precious. He liked the name but it sure caused him a lot of trouble. He worked at a shelter for the homeless - many of them substance abusers. They really gave him a hard time. I suspect that throughout his life a lot of people gave him a hard time because of his name. He started work with a chip on his shoulder and demanded that people respect him. The name plus the attitude made it hard to do that

I married an Italian the first time around - I am Canadian. OK both white but when the first one was born we were english speaking in a french cong with Ital. grandparents. We needed a name that everyone could pronounce First one was named Dina Lorraine

By the time the second was born I had a boy's name picked out but no girl's name. When she was born we scrambled to find a name that suited her. Hubby wanted Daisy. I said "No Way!!! That is what my mother named her cow when she was young!" She got Erica Lynn

When my granddaughter was born my daughter decided on Amanda Lynn - very pretty....... until you say it very fast several times Amanda Lynn Amanda Lynn a mandolin Nope that ain't gonna work so she found another name instead of the Lynn part

Lessons:

All kids will tease other kids - no point in giving them a name that gives them a really obvious reason to do that plus adds a burden to them

Make it simple and easy to spell and pronouce

Check the initials - what do they spell?

Say the entire name - together - How does that sound?

• LDH
    LDH

Man some of y'all need to put down the crack pipe, LOL.

It doesn't matter because you are damned if you do, damned if you don't.

My little one's name is Julius (named after *MY* maternal grandfather.) But since hubby is black, everyone that hears that name says, "Oh, like Dr. J, Julius Irving?"

I bite my tongue and say, "No, DUMBASS. Like Julius Caesar."

I once saw a TV show, I think it was Judge Mathis, and this black chick was named "Aquanetta." (If you don't live in the states you may not know a popular brand of hairspray is AquaNet.)

For the people who think BLACK people make up their names, here are the names of some of the WHITE kids in my life, past and present.

URSON LASAGNA

MYSON LASAGNA

CHAUNTALIE

DaNetta

And let's not forget that hit single by Johnny Cash, "A boy named Sue."

My personal preference is a name that evokes family history. I like the simple route. However, if I have another son at some point, I will definitely name him Maximus.

Lisa

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

hey stinkypantz...who is it that you'd like to slap?
    the dustrabbit

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

well thought I would drop in and list my kids names

Paige Lynn

Tyler William

Collin Michael

don't know if the names are black white orange green purple ect... Just thought they sounded good when put together...and anything was better than mine...christopher myron....AAAAARRRRGGGGG...LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit