NEW TRUTH! Major Prophecy Fulfilled

by trevor 10 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

NEW TRUTH! Major Prophecy Fulfilled

15th February 2001

Dear brothers and sisters, 'the truth is a bright light that is getting brighter and brighter.' This established fact explains why we have not always appreciated the fulfilment of Bible prophecy until after the event.

Way back in 1914 we did not not appreciate that our Lord had returned as it turned out that he had appeared invisibly. That 'every eye would see him' was we now realize a reference to spiritual eyes. We faithfully waited until 1929 before our farsighted vision, used to provide advanced warning of these major events, was refocused and used to look back in time and realize with hindsight, that a major prophecy had been fulfilled on time after all, as we had at the time anticipated. We also had to wait on the Lord to fully appreciate the significance of 1918 & 1919. Members of the 144,000 were being taken to heaven, though we did not perceive this at the time.

Again we looked in earnest for the literal restoration of Israel and for the fulfilment of the promise, "For in the wilderness waters will have burst out, and torrents in the desert plain." (Isaiah 35:6) We then found that these prophesies were already experiencing fulfilment all around us. We now realize that we were producing the fresh water that was to flow onto the parched ground of the spiritual desert of Christendom, and that we were part of a restored spiritual Israel. Why did we not see this at the time? We were looking with our literal, fleshy, worldly eyes and not the finely honed eyes of spiritual understanding. We patiently waited on Jehovah until he saw fit to bless us with true vision and understanding in 'his due season.'

Many experienced disappointment in 1975 when Armageddon failed to materialise. As we mindfully review the way that Jehovah has revealed prophecy to us, in such a way as to test our faith and increase our reliance upon him, a pattern appears before our spiritual eyes. That which we expected to be fulfilled literally - on earth - had a greater heavenly application

Brothers and sisters we can today announce the fulfilment of another major prophecy. Armageddon did arrive right on time! Jehovah did not disappoint those who put their trust in him. It has now been revealed to God's servants that the battle of Armageddon took place in the heavenly realm in the spring of 1975. Just as the battle between Christ and Satan took place in the invisible realm of heaven in 1914, when that great liar of liars was cast down, so the great battle of Armageddon was hidden from earthly eyes.

The signs were clearly there, the dismantling of the Berlin wall along with end of the cold war and the reduction in nuclear weapons evidenced a preparation by the 'kings of the earth' to throw down their swords in readiness to be 'shepherded with an iron rod.' The huge drop in the number of religious leaders and their followers on a worldwide scale, since that date, show how Babylon the Great is in rapid decline now that her main supporters the Devil and his demons are restrained.

It is now apparent that Jehovah God has spared the sinful nations of the earth, to demonstrate his mercy and his right to rule. How else could the God of love fulfil his promises?

"And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares. Nation will not lift up sword against nation; neither will they learn war any more."
    (Isaiah 2:4)

"And to him the kings will prostrate themselves; all the nations, for their part, will serve him." (Psalms 72:11)

Jehovah lovingly shielded us by waiting until it was his due time to reveal these things and at the same time taught us a lesson in humility. Some brothers did not heed the scriptural advice that 'no-one knows the day or the hour but only the father who is in heaven.' God's 'faithful and discreet slave' pointed to this time and indicated that it was likely to bring the battle of Armageddon. However those among us who were impatient, speculated that the battle would be fought on earth. Clearly such ones did not full appreciate the extent of Jehovah God's compassion and his love for the world for which he gave his only begotten son. Due to their lack of faith they experienced disappointment.

What a merciful and just way for Jehovah God to reward his faithful servants by sparing them from witnessing the horrors of that great day! It is clear from the high standard of living that many now enjoy, that Jehovah's promised blessings are now being poured out. Many homes now accept computers, and mobile phones as commonplace, in a way unheard of prior to 1975. It is now obvious that God's promise to 'speed it up in his own time', was a reference to the growth in communications and the explosion in the spread of information.

The employment of these blessings will enable us to continue to spread the good news and 'dispense spiritual food at the proper time.' We can now rejoice in the knowledge that soon the whole earth will be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah, as we continue to proclaim God's name in appreciation of this major step forward towards our goal of life in the 'New World,' now that the long awaited battle of Armageddon is behind us.

Let those doubters and apostates continue living their lives in ignorance of this great event, while Jehovah continues to shower his faithful servants with the riches that can only be enjoyed by those who dwell in his spiritual paradise. Let such spiritually improvised ones fornicate with that great mother of harlots 'Babylon the Great,' and share in her uncleanness. Let them gnash their teeth and wail outside with the dogs. Let them rip their garments and howl at the moon in their shame and drunkenness.

We have again been blessed in a way so unexpected and undeserved by one who's 'ways are higher than ours.' Oh let us shout in joy and press ahead with greater vigour, now that we are just a final spurt from the winning post. Let us throw of every encumbrance and be fleet of foot and ever more devoted to our God of true prophecy and his faithful and discreet slave.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

You mean.....I MADE it? I'm going to live forever? This is Paradise?

Hmmmmm.....THIS is paradise? Not quite what I expected, but, oh well.

• Seven
    Seven

Red,

Jehovah lovingly shielded us by..."waiting?"

And to think, she never told us a thing.

• Englishman
    Englishman

This is it? Goody goody!

SO: I`m gonna live for ever, even if I fall off my ladder?

Boxings still OK, obviously. So`s oral sex!

And I thought that I was in heaven yesterday when England beat Spain 3 - 0!

Hooray for the NuWorld!

Englishman.

• joelbear
    joelbear

if oral sex isn't better than boxing then you are doing it wrong

hugs

Joel

• Andy_Bosi
    Andy_Bosi

... Prophecies fulfilled because .... NOTHING HAPPENED ...[8>]

Hey, we can all be prophets!

Please let all readers know where you got the article (some (many?) of us no longer subscribe to WT mags & books)

/Andy

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

lol Trevor,

See? It WAS like a tribulation that the world had never seen before...<taking the scripture literally> We literally didn't see it!

Eyes

• larc
    larc

Hi gang,

Well, I'm sure glad I survived the invisible Armaggedon. I just hope I don't have to start eating invisible pizzas.

Back in the 1960's, there was a book written about the JWs called "Armagedon Around the Corner". It was, let us say, less than complimentary. The author thought that at about this time in history, that the JWs would come up with a doctrine like Trevor specified.
    Trevor, I think you should send your article to Bethel. I think they could publish it, as is. Praise the Lord for new light!

• waiting
    waiting
    Jehovah lovingly shielded us by..."waiting?"

I'm a Saviour"ess"?

Does mds know this? bjr.....? jr.....? logical? I don't think logical's gonna like this one bit.

I think it's kinda neat, however.

Thank you, Seven.

waiting

• conflicted
    conflicted

Kind of like the "emporers new clothes" - they're there, we just can't see them. Or maybe they aren't there, or they were there, or they will be here soon, or ....

For years the WTS has made predictions and prophesied about the end of this worldly system, and their predictions <B>ALWAYS</B> turn up false. They are tired of losing followers because of their false prophesies, so now the GB comes up with a new idea - "We'll tell them that we were right all along, they just can't see it with their own eyes, they need us to tell them what has happened invisibly for we are the spiritual eyes of Jehovah's people." COME ON, who do they think they're trying to fool - I for one am not impressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit