The C.T. Russell pyramid

by Nathan Natas 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• friday77
    friday77

No disrespect to anyone re: the above--all of this is VERY CREEPY! (BEYOND CREEPY!!!!!!) In fact, each time one of my family members sees a pic of this thing, we yell at him to minimize the photo! What were they thinking back then?!!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Some time ago I read that in the 1980's the WTS had Russell's pyramid opened and 'undisclosed items' removed. I wonder if that is true and what they were?

George

• JWoods
    JWoods

Might as well add this personal experience. I visited the pyramid during the overseers school in Pittsburgh I attended in 1970.

The instructor was Al Schroeder; he gave everybody who was going to go see it a long lecture on how JWs no longer believed in the pyramid and had rejected the cross. He mentioned nothing about the Masonic rites.

He also suggested that it might be best not to spread around gossip about the pyramid to the ordinary brothers & sisters. We as servants were presumed to understand that things had changed and that this was slightly embarrassing to the society now.

• friday77
    friday77

Still no disrespect, but this is an artifact that is still CREEPY!! (It looks like it would be used in a horror flick--still no offense!)

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Still no disrespect, but this is an artifact that is still CREEPY!! (It looks like it would be used in a horror flick--still no offense!)

It is extremely creepy in real life - partly because it has not been maintained or manicured (at least when I saw it).

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

CREEPY? That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it? I thought Boris Karloff's monster in Frankenstein was creepy, but I was like ten years old when I saw it.

A pyramid is a pyramid, there's nothing especially creepy about it.

And for the umpteenth time (ump teenth ), C. T. Russell was NOT A MASON! The Masonic Temple near his grave was built years after CTR died. Proximity does not imply association!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

- Hamlet, scene ii

• JWoods
    JWoods

Nathan, you had to have been there. There were veiled warnings that the thing might actually cause demonic attack if you stayed around it too long, or thought about it too much.

I kid you not.

Edit to say I never believed Russell was a Mason, either - just for the record. Of course, he did have quite a thing for pyramids...

• freydo
    freydo

Is this part of a novel?

" We are told in the "Souvenir Report of the Bible Students Convention, Pittsburgh, PA.(1919)," that the pyramid was "accepted by Brother Russell as the most fitting emblem for an enduring monument on the Societys burial space."

Who is 'we' and by whom are we told? And is there any way to verify anything in the statement?

Perhaps a scan of the souvenir report could be posted. Sounds like the wt mag these days when they report that

some publisher had a momentous thing happen - but no names, dates or places.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Freydo, seeking clarity, asked,

" We are told in the "Souvenir Report of the Bible Students Convention, Pittsburgh, PA.(1919)," that the pyramid was "accepted by Brother Russell as the most fitting emblem for an enduring monument on the Societys burial space."

Who is 'we' and by whom are we told? And is there any way to verify anything in the statement?

"We" are the readers of the page, and we are told by the "Souvenir Report of the Bible Students Convention, Pittsburgh, PA.(1919)".

One popular way of verifying information is to LOOK IT UP.

Thank you for your novel question.

• friday77
    friday77

Still CREEPY-CREEPERTON!!! As I stated in other post boards re: this subject, this is freaks folks out! Again, my person-of-interest cousin thinks that this artifact should be used in a scary movie--this object is certainly NOT CHRISTIAN!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit