The Governing Body-Faded apostates?

by John Aquila 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Outlaw - I Agree.

While I don't judge those who Continue to attend meetings. Their attendance at meetings alone, makes the Statement to Friends & Family that they Agree and Support all Practices and Teachings of the Organization. Where as their absence or Discontinuation of Participating, makes the Statement, that they do not agree or Support the Organizations Policies and Teachings.

For anyone that Disagrees, Imagine a Man that wears a White Robe, and White Hat, while attending KKK rallies.. This man may reason, "I don't actually Kill any One, or Participate in the Activities, that I don't agree with" His Attendance alone, Fortifies the Group and Gives Confidence to the Other KKK Members.

This Is Especially True, if you are a Well Respected person, who is Known to Do the Right Thing or a Person who is Known to be Intelligent... People look to you as An Example, and if they Ever ask themselves 'Maybe these WT Teachings, are Wrong" They reason "Well Brother "SeemstobeaGoodJW" , Is still an Active Witness, and he is a Very Reasonable and Godly Man, it must be me, that is Wrong, since I have known him to always do the Right thing."

Lead By Example.

Disclaimer - If you have Children, or Family Members that you would surely lose, by Leaving, I don't Judge you, as I was Fortunate to not lose my Wife of family, when I left, We all must choose our Own Path.

• kairos
    kairos

Whoever writes the doctrine knows it's not directed by god, because they just made it up!

The bigger question is at what point, at what power level, do people actually start believing this is the truth?

The deception is very obvious now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The GB know it's wrong, but believe it's True at the same time (it's called "compartmentalization").

They have to; without the WTS, they'd have nothing.

They would be nothing.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I should imagine that if you get to the status of being a Bethel 'Heavy" or become a GB member you have passed many tests along the way the least of all is sticking to it, doing what your told and believing what you have been taught.

You may have a private side........ a hidden roof top joint from time to time to mellow out or a bottle in front of you each night instead of a frontal lobotomy.

Ray Franz was as close to a bible scholar as the GB had, he was also by all accounts a decent person.

He was assigned to collaboratively write Aid to Bible Understanding, the first religious encyclopedia published by Jehovah's Witnesses. On October 20, 1971 he was appointed as a member of the Governing Body.[9] In his personal memoir, Franz said that at the end of 1979 he reached a personal crossroad:

"The last fifteen years I had spent at the international headquarters, and the final nine of those as a member of the worldwide Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. It was those final years that were the crucial period for me. Illusions there met up with reality. I have since come to appreciate the rightness of a quotation I recently read, one made by a statesman, now dead, who said: "The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie—deliberate, contrived and dishonest—but the myth—persistent, persuasive and unrealistic." [10]

I think there-in lies the answer for the GB, apart from that rare member, they are still caught up in and will remain so in the myth. Other's, no doubt, see no reason to rock the boat especially as they approach the end of their lives.

One or two others may hope to effect change by their presence.....which up to now has been impossible. However by going on TV one could hope that the dumbest of the GB will be revealed and over exposure to their lack of mental acuity may diminish their appeal while some of the GB may emerge as kinder and smarter. Remember they are in TV land now and what goes up often ...flops.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Giordano, interesting quote from Ray Franz. Thanks for sharing.

He was, by the way, quoting John F. Kennedy from a Commencement speech which he gave at Yale University, June 11, 1962

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Giordano - "... they are still caught up in and will remain so in the myth..."

Like I've said before, it's a really easy habit to fall into when you're surrounded solely by people who are never allowed to disagree with you.

• clarity
    clarity

Those who have stood up & spoken-up about the damaging deception of wt, have put themselves in a position to lose everything. Most are not secure financially nor influential ......and yet they stand up.

How much more so should these self proclaimed christs be moved to save the 8 million, whom they have mind controlled, from wasting their lives on a worthless pursuit!

I have no pity for these liars, they preach about love & even dying for the brothers .......... ya right!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit