The Governing Body-Faded apostates?

by John Aquila 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I’ve been here less than a year, but I’ve notice that the majority of us have faded for various reasons. We want to talk to our family, want to keep our marriage, we still have parents who are alive and we don’t want to lose contact.

We also read the stories of those who got disfellowshipped or disassociated themselves. In the majority of the cases, their parents will not talk to the children for years and the children will not talk to the parents even if they are dying. And the marriage will never be the same.

But whatever the reason, most of us are not willing to pay the price and declare, “The Watchtower is a cult and evil and the Governing Body is a bunch of Fu*****liars.

The price is too high.

If that is the case with us, why should we not believe that at least some of the Governing Body are faded apostates with more to lose than us? For one thing they are old. They have no marketable skills that will sustain them in a decent job. If they are awake, they may have come to conclude that the Bible is not a book from God so they may feel there is no one to help them and no one to pray to.

Think about what they are seeing just like us.

The generation of 1914 has died.

The anointed is growing instead of declining.

100 years have passed since 1914

The annual growth of the organization is 2% instead of 15% in the 70s

All the child sexual lawsuits

And several more changes that I’m sure they are aware of for the future.

I feel some, if not all, are faded apostates just like us, bidding their time and enjoying what they have at the moment, until either they die or until the jig is up and it’s all gone.

Isn’t that what we are doing?

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

It is quite possible that a good portion of the GB know the entire religion is BS. They know the TATT better than anyone. So not quite sure what you are getting at. Are we to feel some empathy because they may very well be non-believers? They or even one of them could make some attempts in meaningful reform. However, they still push no education, no blood, shunning, and horrible treatment of children that have been molested.

ust like us, bidding their time and enjoying what they have at the moment, until either they die or until the jig is up and it’s all gone.

Isn’t that what we are doing?

No, not at all. I left but my situation is different. Those that stay in faded are not responsible for the horrible policies that are enforced and written. These are men that make the rules, and are not simple "bidding their time." They are active in spreading lies and damaging the lives of countless ones.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I've wondered about that. It seems to me that the closer one gets to the top of the org, the more the magic should disappear for him and he should see the reality.

Take, for example, Sanderson. Suppose he was a sincere believer before becoming a member of the GB. It seems that after joining the GB, he would begin to see that it's all just guessing by clueless men and that it's a basically a business and that propaganda techniques are used.

I remember reading that one of the GB members (maybe in the 70's or 80's) said something like "our whole theology is wrong and we need to start all over."

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I am in no doubt whatsoever that there are thousands of members of the "Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah’s Witnesses" who have awakened to a greater or lesser extent, but have even more to lose than we have - because they are all dependent on "mother" to provide them with life's basic necessities.

And that fear is magnified for the G.B., because none of them wants to suffer the same fate as Raymond Franz!

All of those in the WOOSFTSOJW are in a religious Hotel California!

I'd probably feel suicidal in their position. I genuinely pity most of them.

• Zoos
    Zoos

If I had to lose everything I ever cared for so I could look at myself in the mirror without vomiting, then those rat bastards living off the nickels of 8 million mentally blind victims should act like they have a pair and do SOMETHING to ease the pain for those left in their wake of their destruction.

.... if they were, in fact, awake.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I don't know , these people are delusional with out the ability to think. I have been watching nature shows with my kids and these shows bring out the fossil record showing that animals thousands of years older then the Noah's flood story, ate meat. Know one in the family gets it or connects the dots, in fact when I was still in I didn't even really connect the dots, your mind just misses it. I think this religion is great at getting people to miss it and not be able to connect the dots. I mean since I've been out it like a whole new world out there with all the things I'm seeing and learning etc. They just can't connect the dots.
  • LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

1 GB member may know TTATT, however it's unlikely that they all do. These men deal with emotions, that most R&F JW's never experience.

Superiority Complex combined With Confirmation Bias.

These men are delusional enough, to actually feel that they are Christs Brothers. The bible can be read and interpreted in 1,000 different ways, so when these men see something in their current or past doctrine that doesn't match the facts or the bible, they do one of two things.

1. Change the doctrine, and internally blame the past GB for making such foolish assumptions,

2. Change the Bible, and blame Blaspemous Christendom for translating scriptures with a slant.

They are powerful, they are special, and they are chosen.. Why convince them selves that it's all a lie?

Its not different from the Jewish Priests, in the OT that had lost all protection and favor from God, but continued preaching that God was with them, They were chosen, and they would be delivered.. It was "Apostate" Men like Jeremiah, that had to try and set these men and their followers straight.. They tried to Kill Jeremiah.

• millie210
    millie210
    Wasnt it Ray Franz that said the G.B. used to stand around in the hallways after meetings and discuss what to "do" about the 1914 problem?
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If you Participate in "ANY" WBT$ Activities and Know the WBT$ Is Corrupt..

...............................................YOUR NOT INNOCENT..

....Image result for pointing at you..Image result for Feed the beast

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JA: But whatever the reason, most of us are not willing to pay the price and declare, “The Watchtower is a cult and evil and the Governing Body is a bunch of Fu*****liars.

I've said the above many time and in many ways, as have many others on this board.

It's possible that many in the higher echelons of the org are no longer "True Believers," but the fact that they still have their position disproves your idea that they could be "faded."

Like it or not, people that have awakened to the fact that this religion is a scam are morally culpable for remaining in it, this is true no matter what the reason. Even though I think we all understand why many do it, it involves living a lie, or at the very least a great deal of pretense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit