Are Elders experts on the Bible? Are they spirtually qualified men?

by John Aquila 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

The only thing they are expert in is

1. kissing ass, but they graduated from ultimate kiss ass work horse MS
    2. Getting off on having a big title in a small fish bowl

They suck at "field service" and even if they are out are not doing shit! I promise. They know JW policy and typically have limited bible knowledge over the RF. just like any sucky MANAGER who is not a real LEADER, they just excel at policy.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I was an Elder.....but I know more now about the Bible than when I was in. I do have to say, in my own defence, I did actually read the Bible over and over, as a JW....However, I preferred other versions....even then I thought the NWT was sh1t.
  • iwasblind
    iwasblind

I have been on shepherding calls twice with elders who did not bring a bible. Many times visiting the bros and sis without offering a prayer. Yes they are quick to "print out an article"

No true spirituality, No Jesus and No Holy Spirit.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How well do they know their Bible?

The only understanding and interpretation Elders know is what the commercialized fraudulent Watchtower Publishing house has designed for them to learn and propagate.

If they were deeply well trained in bible theology they would never be Jehovah's Witnesses in the first place.

• BashfulAshG
    BashfulAshG
    My elder dad didn't know that Paul was ethnically Jewish.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hold on. Let's define some terms.

First off, what is "spiritual?" Once we define that term, we can move on to "expert" and "qualified."

DD

• ron rawson
    ron rawson
    Absolutely, unequivocally "NO"....the may be qualified as janitors, window washers, maybe even as high as tradesman.....but in spiritual matters....hahaha, been there, been that, and I speak from experience: NO!
  • millie210
    millie210

Not only do the "Elders" not know their Bible - they are not even very familiar with the Elders manual which is supposed to serve as a handbook to or even a "secondary" Bible in handling judicial matters in the congregation.

I have seen things such as telling people being reproved that they have "10 days to appeal"

(there is NO appeal for reproof - only disfellowshipping)

"they can be disfellowshipped for joining a school football team"

(this was to a young person who wasnt even baptized)

"DFd people must sit in the library only when at the Hall"

(local rule - not in the manual)

and on and on...

So no. They dont know their Bibles. They dont even know their own rules, much less Gods.

• kaik
    kaik
    Generally, Elders do not know what is written in the Bible, but there are exception. I had elder who was extremely knowledgeable and eventually he and his wife faded away. I also knew elder, who barely read Bible, but remember what is written in WT publication in the past ten years.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Definitely not bible scholars. My dad is an elder and really is a loving and caring person, but bible scholar is not a description I would use. He said recently that he couldn't believe that the 'Flock' book was now available online and how this would allow it to be distributed to others who shouldn't have it (apostates). I had to really bite my tongue to not say that it was already available online before the Society made it available and that I had the newest release before he did. :)

I keep hoping that he and my mom will wake up, but when they can't even see an issue with having a 'secret' elders' manual, I feel that they will never wake up. I'll probably just have to disappoint them by leaving "The Truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit