OMG, I’m gonna get Old and Die.

by John Aquila 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

When it finally clicked,

And you realized there was no 1914, there was no generation that would see the end of a wicked system, there was no paradise around the corner,

What went through you mind?

And when you realized that the thing you cherished the most, that is;

That you would be with you spouse forever, and with your children forever, and with your grandchildren, and with your great grandchildren, and with your parents, and their parents,

Had just been ripped out of your hands,

Did you break down and cry?

Did you feel like killing someone?

Did it take weeks to recover, or months, or years, or are you still recovering and see no end in sight?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    What went through you mind?

I was lied to. I hate life!

Did you break down and cry?

No...but I should have.

Did you feel like killing someone?

Yes. All of the Governing body.

Did it take weeks to recover, or months, or years, or are you still recovering and see no end in sight?

I now realise life is hopeless. I hate life. I can't wait to die but don't want to end it myself.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I'm still trying to get a handle on this. Some days are harder than others.

Normally, people learn to deal with the experience of death from childhood on and to develop on how to accept it as they mature.

However, for this JW born-in, I never had the normal view of my own death because Armageddon was supposed to be here before I reach adulthood. Now I'm pushing 50 and my mortality is rearing its ugly head in front of me.

The way I'm handling it now is by cherishing the life of my young son and teaching him all the good things I know. Somehow of a condolence, I know I will live on through him..........

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I now realise life is hopeless. I hate life. I can't wait to die but don't want to end it myself.

Hang in there my friend,

I think it's time to take a little break and enjoy a nice slice of pizza, a drink, and sit back and enjoy a nice scenery with some nice background music.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Hang in there my friend,
    I think it's time to take a little break and enjoy a nice slice of pizza, a drink, and sit back and enjoy a nice scenery with some nice background music.

Thanks, JA.

I need some rich person to take pity on me and whip me away to Jamaica with them.

I do like pizza. I don't drink but think I should. Music...yeah......love music.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force
    It really pissed me off, and I did cry after realizing that they took away 28 years of my life.
    I am still recovering with councilling and professional help.
  • maksutov
    maksutov

I think I suspected all along that it was just a pipe dream, so it really only took me a few days to get over the initial adjustment. I felt that I would rather live and die with a free mind, knowing that this is all there is than waste the precious years remaining hoping for something "better". Either way we're all gonna die - better to know what you are up against so you can prioritise your life.

Having said that, although I have adjusted, I don't think I have really fully come to terms with my own mortality, and it still causes some anguish from time to time.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OMG, I’m gonna get Old and Die.

It`s a Pointless Worry.

How Do You Know If Your Dead?!......Is There a Clue You Should Look For?..

....Image result for Why worry?.Image result for Why worry?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I first realized that I was going to grow old and die when I accepted evolution. Every living thing that has existed on the Earth has aged and died - fact.

Every so often, members of my family (nearly all non-JWs) and brothers in the congregation would die, and I would attend the funeral.

I like Outlaw's point - if your problem has a solution, why worry; if you can't do anything about the problem, why worry?

We're all going to die. The key point is to live a happy, healthy life and accomplish as many of our life goals as possible. If we stay in the WTS, we won't do this.

• TheListener
    TheListener

When I was a dub and had a bad day at work or with family I always knew it was only temporary and it thinking about the new system would give me a good feeling. It helped me put things in perspective.

Now that I am out I don't get that emotional high that I experienced. But, I don't miss it. I would rather know TTATT. I am enjoying my life and making decisions to make it the best life I can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit