what's the silliest....

by dustrabbit 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty

A work colleague of mine, also a Jehovahs Witness was asked by a non-witness to explain the existence of dinosaurs, and why they arent mentioned in the bible. She told this guy that dinosaurs actually never existed and that it was Satan the Devil that had buried all these so-called dinosaur bones that archaeologists have found, and he did it just to confuse us all!!!

Worst of all (huge embarrassment coming) I actually refuted this and said that she was wrong; I actually said that God DID create dinosaurs, but before Adam and Eve, so that they could prepare the earth, and start the eco-systems working by eating all the plants and stuff and using their big feet to flatten the earth!

I honestly dont know who was dumber, her or me!

• TR
    TR

I remember a young 'hovah say at the "Creation book" study once in answer to a question I can't recall:

"Cuz frogs don't swim, they just hop."

TR

• LDH
    LDH

OMG this thread is too funny....Simon STOP saying those funny things when I'm eating!!!!!

The last meeting I went to was at the KH on Ashlan and Hughes right here in Fresno....and some numb-nuts said not to worry about all the people who have nice things in this system, we would be driving their RVs in the New System. (RV=Recreational Vehicle, (winnebago type) )

I couldn't even make it through the WT Study. I just left.

I'll be back with more.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I recall a brother mentioning this as an example of inapropriate introduction for the theme of a talk:

#3 Talk Subject:Circumcision

Setting: Sister sitting on bench waitting for the bus starts to witness to person next to her on the bench.

Introduction: I was just sitting here thinking about Circumcision.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

This reminds me of my baptism questions. The brother asked me if I knew the difference between adultery and fornication. Well, as a typical 14 year old, of course I did. But, I didn't really want to get into it, so I said "no".

He then explained it to me. Apparently, if you have non-marital sex once, it is fornication. If you have it repeatedly, it is adultery.

Wow, to this day, I can't believe a 50 year old elder did not know what adultery was.

• blindfool
    blindfool

<P>Well, there is no way I can beat some of the ones already here but, I did hear&nbsp
    ;a talk not long ago where the speaker was talking about the new system. ; ; 
    He said he was discussing the subject with another elder. ; ; How far are we from
     the new system, elder 1 asked. ; ; So close I can smell it answered elder
     two. ; ; No, replied elder 1, so close I can reach out my hand and touch it
    . ; ; No elder 2 replied, I mean my nose is touching it now!!</P> 
    <P>I also remember the first time I had a bible study in about 1985. ; ; 
    A sister was studing with me and my wife. ; ; She said she really was expecting 
    big things to happen in 1987.</P>

Edited by - blindfool on 11 June 2002 11:27:12

• blindfool
    blindfool

Sorry for the junbled mess up there. I've gotta get used to Simon's "new system."

Edited by - blindfool on 11 June 2002 11:31:59

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

My sister and I should NOT be participating in Gymnastics, because when doing a "split" it would break our hymens and we would no longer be considered virgins!

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

gymnastics? really stupid...
    well, i wonder what JWs think on this: if you use a rectal thermometer does that mean you've done something unspeakable?
    the dustrabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit