Been here a year...(ramblings)

by Cowboy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Yep,one year ago tonight I first posted here.I had lurked for a few weeks,never intending to post,but a particular thread hit so close to home for me,that I felt like I had to voice my opinion.Of course,I was promptly slammed as being a troll,but I was stubborn enough to hang around.Here I am still hanging,a whole year later.

I've maybe learned more in this past year than in the ten before it all put together.I've learned a whole lot about myself-about who I am,and why.I've learned about the organization that shaped my life and my family.Originally I was shocked by alot of what I read here,and wasn't sure whether or not to believe it all.But looking back,knowing what I do now explains an awful lot of things.

I've learned lot's about people,too.Like many who were raised JW,I led a very sheltered childhood(even more so living in the country,going to a small school).I'm still not sure if this is a real cross section of life,but I think it's pretty close.I'm happy to say that I've made lot's of friends here,some very good ones.Though I've had my share of disagreements,I don't consider anyone here an enemy.

I'd like to thank Simon and Angharad for giving us this wonderful place to meet, to learn,to laugh and to cry.And thanks to all the posters,I've learned something from everyone,from the theological essays to the flame wars and the fluff.I won't name names,I'd be sure to leave someone out,but my friends know who they are.And there are many I've never directly communicated with that I respect tremendously.

Thanks to JWD,for a most enlightening and entertaining year.

Always, Cowboy

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Well, Cowboy, a happy anniversary is what I guess is in order. I've enjoyed reading your thoughts and the IMs we had. (hope you don't mind if I don't call you a cutie also) Although I have only been here a few months myself, I also have to thank Simon and Angharad for all their efforts and thank the board for the support and well wishes I too have received. After any length of time in the borg, we all need it.

It's no wonder Santa is so jolly. He knows where all the bad girls live.

Edited by - DakotaRed on 10 June 2002 0:24:23

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Happy Anniversary Cowboy!

Glad it's not a birthday...whew....

• noidea
    noidea

Cowboy..'s

I'm so glad that you're here and that you stayed..you have been and alway will be a wonderful friend..

Love to you!!!

~Noi~

• Imbue
    Imbue

Happy Anniversary Cowboy!

IMBUE

Edited by - imbue on 10 June 2002 0:51:43

• myself
    myself

((((((Cowboy))))

Happy Anniversary!

I am glad you are stubborn and stayed. You are definately no troll. Thanks for all your support.

Here is to the next year (clink,clink)(gulp) aaahhhhhhh!

Myself

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

((((cowboy)))) so very glad you stuck around. happy anniversary

love harmony

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I think we have all learned alot here, and met many who we now consider friends(even if only via the internet)

One thing I've learned is that it is ok to voice my opinion. Even if other do not agree with what I have to say. It has helped me in my rl also. I now have courage to speak my mind. I never had that before. Thanks to everyone here.

Oh, btw. Remember what you asked me in chat last night. I rememberd two songs I like. 1st..Till you're sure that i'm the one.

2nd..When you lay next to me.

• Wendy
    Wendy

Oklahoma!

You, Sir are one of my favorite people!

wendy

• ring
    ring

Hey David,

I'm glad you stuck around, and 'showed me the ropes' so to speak.

you and I have spent many late nights in chat, and I've never regretted

a single one of them. I'm glad i got to know you. I consider you a true

friend, thanks for being there.

ring

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit