Really Need To Talk

by Moridin 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wendy
    Wendy

Hey Moridin,

I was just thinking of you the other day. If you still have my number, don't hesitate to call, if not email me I will give it to you again, [email protected]. I myself have been the person in charge before, so I understand the feeling of responsibily that you are going through. I suggest you do contact the victims rights office and talk to a counsellor. It is a free service for anyone involved with a violent crime. The police should have given you info, if not then just call the police department they can forward the info. Depending on the state you are in they may contact you in a few days. The feelings you are going through are completly normal honey, and you do NEED to talk about it. I am glad you came here, but one on one is much better.

The most important thing for you to realize now, is no matter what you cannot change anything now. You must give up the what ifs, I know that is hard, but neccessary. Do try to find the good in the situation, nobody died, they may be injured, but they are still here. The punks didn't get any money for it either, serves them right eh?

I am thinking of you and if you need to chat let me know. The baby is sleeping now, so this would be the best time hint hint lol

wendy

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

That was a terrifying thing for you and your workers to go through. I'm so glad you went to the ER to be with her though. I'm sure that meant alot to her.

For what's it's worth - my email is open, and you and your workers will definitely be in my thoughts. Please let us know how the investigation goes. I hope the police catch the people who did this.

Keep venting. We're all ears and warm hugs.

Mimilly xoxo

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((((((Moridin))))))))

So sorry to hear about your horrifying experience. I'm glad you came here because Lady Lee and Wendy gave some really good advice. Please follow up on it.

Do you think you weren't hit because the guy with the bat is the one who knew you? Seeing a familiar face during his crime may have taken him aback and thus you escaped physically unharmed. But not emotionally. So, please, go see the Victims Unit or whatever they call it near you.

More hugs,

outnfree

• Moridin
    Moridin

Again I really want to thank you guys for all of the suggestions and comfort. I've been trying to keep my mind off from everything today, but it doesn't just go away. The girl is doing fine. The police said that head wounds usually bleed a lot and look much worse than they really are. She's at home now and resting with her family. She had quite a few stiches. She just needs some time to talk it all out. The other guy refused treatment when the incident happened. I think he was in shock still. The police detective said he was lucky that the second blow didn't kill him because his head was on the concrete when they hit him again. He ended up going to the hospital the next morning. They put eight staples in his head and said that they had done nerve damage to the back of his head. I feel a little better after talking this out with you guys, but I know it's going to be a long road to try and get past this whole thing. The paper this morning and the news showed the composite sketch that the officer drew from my description. It kinda creeped me out to see it again. The news made it sound as though no one was hurt. They made the three guys sound like idiots though because they didn't get any money. I think that I didn't get hit because the guy with the mask knew me. I didn't put my head down or anything I stared right at him trying to see if I could recognize anything under the mask. The bad part is is that I think the guy in the mask was someone that currently works at the restaraunt. I'll never be able to look at him the same again. This guy is under house arrest in a state nearby and earlier that night I hadn't been able to get a hold of him when I called him for help because we were short handed. I figured no big deal. The next morning he never showed up for work. He called late that afternoon and said that something had happened to him the night before, but he couldn't discuss it over the phone. This morning he showed up for work and asked my boss what had happened on Friday night. Kinda suspicious huh?...My boss said, "I don't know what don't you tell us." The guy said that his parole officer said something happened at the restaraunt on Friday night. This guy I considered a nice guy for the most part even almost as a friend. I always felt that people needed a second chance so if any one came in looking for a job on furlough from prison I would tell them they could work, but that they needed to prove themselves. I'll never be able to do that again. If it was him and he gets caught it's his third felony which means he'll recieve life in prison. That bothers me a little considering I could probably give testimony that would incriminate him. Any way I'll talk to you guys later.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmm if he is the one that did this then I think the choice is to testify as to what happened and maybe he goes to jail for life or don't testify and he stays out and does this to someone else.

Try not to feel guilty for doing what is right. Remind yourself of that. If he did this - whever did this deserves to be put away - for his sake and that of other innocent victims

Continue to care for yourself and (((HUGS)))

• Moridin
    Moridin

Today wasn't so good. I'm actually more shaken up today than I was yesterday. The company's insurance company called today and I had to recount everything again. I also called up my employee, the male, and he is having a real hard time. He can't sleep because of nightmares and he's having continuous headaches. He told me not to think it was my fault because there was nothing I could've done to prevent it. The girl is doing just fine. She actually went back to the restaraunt today to see how everyone else was doing. I actually got some sleep last night with the help of medication. Any way I thought I'd keep you posted.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well sounds like you are pretty normal even if you don't feel like it.. It takes a day or so for the shock to waer off and the feeling to start taking over.

Just try focusing on your breathing especially if you get panicky. Orient yourself to where you are and remind yourself that you are safe.

Feel free to print some of the suggestions out that people have offered and share them with your employee.

And remind yourself that just because you didn't get hurt on the outside doesn't mean you didn't get hurt on the inside.

Sometimes the people who are physically hurt have a slightly easier time of recovering emotionally. The have the scars and injuries - proof of haw bad it was.

For those who do not get physically hurt there often is a lot of "What if......" thinking that can become part of the trauma itself. It is hard not to do it but try as much as you can to stay with what DID happen instead of what if...

Take care --- Lady Lee

• outnfree
    outnfree

Moridin,

Just wondering how you're feeling a few more days removed from this tragedy?

out

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Those scumbags. I hope you run them in. And buy a gun, and give them some fun if they threaten you. F**king criminals. Hope that girl is ok.

take it easy.

ashi

• Moridin
    Moridin

Well I am back at work and I'm not liking it to much especially since I have had to close the past two nights. I'm really jumpy towards night time. The other two that were there during the whole thing are doing pretty good. The girl said she is ready to come back to work, but we want her to take more time. She's tough I gotta give her that. Any way I'll talk to you guys later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit