Jehovah where are you? (DateLine)

by Pepper 20 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

Sorry Simon. My mistake.

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Seeker 4 and Mackin,

I love how your minds are thinking! I totally agree with you. Isn't it great to think much more positively because we give ourselves the credit for being able to make needed changes--not some mythological religion? I'll be looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Becky

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Becky,

The freedom to really think and question was one of the great reliefs I experienced after leaving the Witnesses. I was an active JW for 35 years, and it took some time to shed such a limiting way of thinking, but it has been wonderful.

S4

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

(See post below.)

Edited by - bjc2012 on 9 June 2002 11:58:58

• JT
    JT

syn

how about this for an answering machine message

"Hi, this is Jehovah's answering machine. Jehovah is not available right now, please leave your name and number and he'll get back to you in a couple of minutes.".

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Hi Pepper:

I'd like to offer a different perspective on your question, the question you raised of "Where is Jehovah". Especially, in view of the recent "Dateline" child abuse revelation to the world. I feel y our question is certainly a very pertinent question and important one to ask oneself.

First of all, let me say, the Bible, Bible prophecy figures very prominently as the very answer to your question. There is much wrong within the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. The Bible foretold these very conditions we see today among JWs.

My answer to this question you raised would be, Jehovah is still quite near to all of us. In fact, He demonstrates this fact by showing through Bible prophecy, he could actually PREDICT these very conditions we see today, these terrible conditions, occurring within the JWs Organization! Thus assuring all mankind, He is very much aware of these problems.

Bible prophecy reveals God foresaw these conditions and trials and tribulations, and what these would bring upon JWs (Jehovah's Witnesses) as an organization, due to massive sin committed on the part of the leaders, the WTS and Governing Body.

Take for example the child abuse problem you spoke of and the recent "DATELINE" program expose of the problem to the world. Actually, Ezekiel 36:3, 12-15 predicted this very situation we are seeing. And I made a post explaining this very situation in connection with the upcoming "DATELINE" program back about a year ago on JW.com discussion board. Here is the link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum//thread.asp?id=8040

Bible prophecy reveals that God's People, "Israel", will have to go through some hard times because of "sin" committed by the leaders. "Israel" of Bible prophecy, are God's Name People, Jehovah's Witnesses. -- Jer. 23:19, 20; Isa. 30:26; Micah 4:6,7

You see, the WTS does not understand Bible prophecy. Jehovah has not fully revealed the "truth", the complete truth, to them. They know some things, the basic truths, but that's all. Therefore, they have not explained it correctly and fully to Jehovah's Witnesses. Also, beside that, the WTS has practiced many bad things, and kept them hidden from the JWs. Jehovah has seen this and is not pleased about it. Jehovah fore saw our day, and the troubles we would have to encounter, as JWs, during these "last days" of this system of things.

But through it all, JWs are God's Name People, and will be disciplined by God. They are disciplined "first" before the world at large receive any retribution from God because they do not measure to God's standards. Jehovah will disperse JWs as an organization. Afterward, God will carefully "purge" the JW Organization of all wrongdoers, according to Bible prophecy. In this way, JWs are disciplined "first" before all others. They are punished as a nation, as "Israel" of Bible prophecy. The entire JW Organization is headed for great disaster, because of NOT knowing Bible Prophecy. -- Jer. 25:29; Hosea 4:1, 6; Isaiah 27:11; 1 Peter 4:17

An excellent example of how Bible prophecy applies to God's People, Jehovah's Witnesses would be Ezekiel 20:35-38. These verses show us much about Jehovah's purposes toward "Israel" or JWs as a nation. Some will survive this discipline and some will not. -- Please compare Revelation 12:1, 6, 14 with Ezekiel 20:35-38.

If you like to discuss this further in more detail, please contact me by e-mail.

Peace,

[email protected]

• SYN
    SYN

Ah, a nice post for me to dissect after dinner. How lovely...

>> First of all, let me say, the Bible, Bible prophecy figures very prominently as the very answer to your question. There is much wrong within the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. The Bible foretold these very conditions we see today among JWs.

HMMMM.

>> My answer to this question you raised would be, Jehovah is still quite near to all of us. In fact, He demonstrates this fact by showing through Bible prophecy, he could actually PREDICT these very conditions we see today, these terrible conditions, occurring within the JWs Organization! Thus assuring all mankind, He is very much aware of these problems.

So then why doesn't he return my phone calls? Is he too mystical for me?

>> Bible prophecy reveals God foresaw these conditions and trials and tribulations, and what these would bring upon JWs (Jehovah's Witnesses) as an organization, due to massive sin committed on the part of the leaders, the WTS and Governing Body.

Well, you got the "massive sin" part right at least....

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

You have already gotten several different perspectives on this question, one comming from the standpoint that there is no Jehovah and the other coming from those that feel that there is a God and the Bible explains the answer to your question.

I am coming at this from an Agnostic point of view. I do not have proof that a God exists nor do I believe the Bible to be devinely inspired.

So for me the answer could be like others have said, Jehovah doesn't exist so that's why he does nothing about these things.

Or he does and maybe the following example will give another possibility.

What if you had an aquantance or a total stranger for that matter,who went around telling everyone that you are his best friend in the whole world.This person also makes up all kinds of stories of what a hero you are and all the things you have done for him.

These claims aren't true and on top of that the person making these claims is a con artist, thief, murderer, male chovanist, abuser ect.

You would want no part of this person.You would not lift a finger for them or grace them with your presence ever! You would not even want to be spoken of in the same sentence with this scum bag!

Your actions and words, would prove this person to be the liar that thay are.

If God exisists, I believe this explains things pretty well.

Edited by - ChichiMama on 9 June 2002 12:40:12

• Satanus
    Satanus

From a semi-daoist point of view, child molestation and dateline exposing of it is just another experience. It has no great meaning that god is or isn't. Total freedom means that anything can happen. They are just more negative experiences to add to the jillions negative experiences that mankind has undergone in history. Hopefully, people will learn from this, and see the folly of groupthink such as is organised religion. Hopefully suffering will be reduced slightly. But, whatever happens, it serves for the evolution/growth of the individual souls who are involved.

SS

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Where's YouKnow when you need him to interject something for amusement?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit