Jehovah where are you? (DateLine)

by Pepper 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Pepper
    Pepper

With all the hurt and pain from so many Witness's being insulted by the Socitys strange veiws on so many issues that it claims is from Gods own heart, it leads me at times to ask: "Jehovah just where are you and do you really see anything at all going on with in an oranization that claims to be your own". Waiting for an ansure.
    Pepper

• avengers
    avengers

This interface works nice Simon. Great job

Edited by - avengers on 9 June 2002 7:38:10

• Simon
    Simon

The address you're putting for the pic is wrong - I get page not found if I try to use that from my browser.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Good questions, Pepper.

It appears that Jehovah is just sitting back and watching all of this. It seems he is a non-player in current events, leaving people to make up their minds as to how they will live, for good or for bad.

People who are aware and thoughtful will realize the difference between God and between an organizatin that CLAIMS to be his one and only people. They can understand that it is not the true religion for so many different reasons. But really, every religion is man-made, and so eventually the adherents to ANY religion will be faced with the choice of whether or not to listen to what humans tell them to be true.

Religion is hierichical and imposes burdens. Jesus didn't impose any such burdens on his followers. Now the religions that are imposing harm on their members (such as Catholics and JWs) are being exposed. There is no turning back the tide of information -- people are beginning to understand what the religious leaders are trying to pull!

• Mackin
    Mackin

I am one of those that no longer believes in God, whatever name you choose to use. The reason God doesn't do anything is quite simply because there is no God.

One other poster in here has a sig along the lines of: "Believe in yourself, not mythology." That is so true. God is nothing more than a myth. Live your own life and be true to yourself. Just because you've believed in somthing all your life doesn't necessarily make it true.

• SYN
    SYN

Hi, this is Jehovah's answering machine. Jehovah is not available right now, please leave your name and number and he'll get back to you as soon as he returns from the Pleiedes.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

The reason God doesn't do anything is quite simply because there is no God.

Mackin,

You do not get it do you? With very few exceptions through history, there has been little or no intervention or interaction in human affairs. Most of the time things were just as they are now.

And all religions are screwed up today. But this if not the fault of God or scripture. The Watchtower is one of the worst of them as it is full of false teachings and rules but the blame is with the Watchtower and not with God. Yes, God, the one in which you do not believe has kept the real truth contained in such texts hidden in plain sight. And now the truth of such hidden truth is being revealed. Thus we can deterimine with accuracy which organizations or individuals have been lying all along.

One such truth is the fact that Jesus was imprisoned for 6 days during Passover and executed just before the 7th day of Passover or on the day of preparation for it. This truth has been revealed on this site for over a year now and known by some for nearly 20 years, but the significance of this finding does not seem to sink in. Ordinary people are finding truth where organizations are not. The faith is composed of individuals and dependent upon them. Such individuals are being blessed with knowledge, not organizations or a phony class of annointed and evil men. This is but one example of many truths that are now common knowledge to many here but not known to or admitted by the Watchtower.

The Watchtower cannot save you in any way. Memebership to such systems are of no value. They cannot forgive your sins, cure your illness, or raise you from death. Slaveing for them is harmful and obying them dangerouse in fact. Their policies and medical practice do kill and seriously harm their followers. The result of such actions is always death not life. If you want to be true to your dedication and gain the eternal life promised in the sacred text then follow Jesus not such men. You will be on your own, but much better off for it.

Joseph

• Farkel
    Farkel

Greetings Joseph,

Good to see you again.

: If you want to be true to your dedication and gain the eternal life promised in the sacred text then follow Jesus not such men. You will be on your own, but much better off for it.

"It takes much more courage to walk on two feet than it does to crawl on all fours. But we like the view better up here. " - Isabel Patterson

Farkel

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Mackin,

Have come to that same conclusion about god myself. We're seeing people all over the world trying to hold onto the last gasps of those ancient mythological religions, something to give them solace as they face death and the unknown. It may take a few (or several) more centuries, but eventually these mythological religions will die out, replaced by an approach to life that is more useful, I hope.

These will be viewed as interesting times, when religion and the concept of god were revealed as failures. Joseph Malik wrote about his interpretation of the "real truth" of the scriptures:

"This truth has been revealed on this site for over a year now and known by some for nearly 20 years, but the significance of this finding does not seem to sink in."

I think this reveals the problems with religion, and with all the "prophets" who reveal the "real truth" about god and the Bible here on this board and other places. Joseph's interpretations and all the others simply continue thousands of years of false ideas that make no real sense, and just prove themselves valueless over and over again.

You're right Mackin: believing in yourself is a good way to start changing this world.

S4

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Joseph,

If your God has hidden the "truth in plain sight", with the result of millions dying from all religious backgrounds over the years due to their lack of knowledge, no thanks. I too do not believe there is a God sitting idly by while waiting for HIS time to arrive. How selfish--would you as a father give your children a book that he couldn't understand, then kill them because they couldn't understand it correctly because it wasn't YOUR time yet? How sick is that?

We are perfectly capable of choosing to live our lives in harmony with others, without the dictates of religious leaders and their minions. We are also capable on our own of treating the earth with the respect it deserves as our provider of life. We do not need a faceless, mythological being to tell us how to live, and then change their mind whenever they want, because it isn't in THEIR plan, and then to kill us off because we weren't paying attention to the "hidden truth"!?!

And as for the supposed "facts" that have been revealed about the life and death of Jesus compared to other mythological people, where's your proof? I prefer to live by the standards he outlined to treat others, not use his supposed life, death, and resurrection to exclude and condemn others for not believing.

Becky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit