so whats wrong with fathers day?

by annalice 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

neyank,

: Nothing is wrong with mothers day or birthdays either.

Birthdays should only be celebrated in moderation. Otherwise, someone always gets beheaded. Trust me on this.

Farkel

• D8TA
    D8TA

All good points.

With all holdays, but especially mom & pops day and birthdays:

I think it's just another tool the WBTS uses to enforce their flock to be submissive. The whole "unity" above all (Even to the point of above worship of their own so called God/Jehovah) is paramount. It's all about control and power. They are making living history (again) with this enforcement, with the pedophilia issue. It's just another brainwashing excercise, to strip down the barriers of one's mind. Another "rule" to impliment and to be followed.

There's no reason from their standpoint other then "don't question us for we are the one true religion and blah blah blah".

D8TA v2.0

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Francois:
    Maybe we should all be celebrating "Conception day".
    Hmmm - when was it then???
    Darn, maybe that isn't such a good idea.

• one
    one

GB men dont have children, why bother... they can always 'love' somebody else child.

A hint, Fred Franz did not want to go to his father's funeral, being busy at Bethel.

Weird rules come from weird people.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

The society regularly admonishes the brother and sisters to be responsible with money. They caution followers not to be slaves to the latest fashions, but instead to purchase conservative clothing that will last more than a year or two.

Because of this, they advise against celebrating Father's Day--it promotes the purchase of loud neckties.

Hmmm

• professor
    professor

WTS claims it is worship of the creation rather than the creator. I don't know about you, but I don't know anyone who uses Fathers or Mothers day to worship their parents. Rather it is to honor them. (See Deuteronomy 5:16)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit