Too much bad language, sex & pics

by Simon 67 Replies latest jw friends

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

LOL waiting, naughty

• Beans
    Beans

I think there is to much Jehovah talk around here!

Beans

• waiting
    waiting

Hey harmony,

It's because I was hanging out with Comf. He's naughty by nature - my husband and him got along quite well. Two peas in a pod.

waiting

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

waiting,

sounds like y'all had a great time! and comf, naughty, never woulda guessed ;)

• Jewel
    Jewel

Here's the way I see it. This site is managed by Simon, that means we play by his rules.

If you went physically to Simon's house and he asked you to not smoke, I'd think you would honor that. If Angharad asked you to slip off your shoes at her door, you'd do so.

I don't think Simon cares if anybody want to play around with cyber sex. I think he just doesn't want anyone doing the virtual groping in his living room

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

I agree with Jewel. It is Simon's site, and what he is asking for is reasonable and moderate. He has a point, as the one JW I know who has looked at the site was freaked by it.

Edited by - concerned mama on 9 June 2002 23:53:46

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

personally, the sex threads don't bother me and I generally skip over them....I don't nearly enjoy "discussing" sex as I enjoy "having" sex, and I don't need a "thread" for that........

But I do find the large number of sex threads odd, I mean isn't that like

going to a whorehouse to discuss religion?

• Wendy
    Wendy

As a person who has spoken against the sex threads I too will add my two cents. I have always thought, even after leaving the dubs that a there is a difference between teasing, playing, and outright flaunting. A person who will degrade themselves(and it does degrade you) and discuss intimate business is not doing anything but making themsleves look cheap. If the forum is full of these types of threads, it degrades the whole forum. IMO

Now, we go to the question of what is offense and what is not. Someone mentioned that it may be what we discuss in front of our grandmother...well my grandma rode a harley on the weekends...so where do we go from there? hahah There was not much I would not discuss with her. As a professional nurse I knew where to draw the line with a patient. I dealt with very afluent people, and I dealt with those who did not make $10,000 a year. I was able to determine by their presence what type of lines I was able to cross.

We all were dubs at one time. We all know the proper shush shush we maintained. We also know that a casual raunchy suggestion was okay. Can't we follow along the those lines? Keep it clean with a hint of suggestion? My experience has been a bit a flash goes WAY longer than a full frontal nudity shot<wink> where are those icons Simon? haha

wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit