Watching my parents age and die.....

by LDH 42 Replies latest jw friends

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

LDH..........thanks for sharing. I guess that's why we should be thankful for this site. A lot of common experiences. Being here, reading, thinking, really helps me see the need to continually pursue that ever elusive trait of unconditional love. It has required the establishing of some pretty firm boundaries, but I so like the dynamic of being able to express my truth and then 'let live'. Your posts have been of great encouragement to me, peace to you.

• b_ster
    b_ster

Lisa,

By the end of your post I could hardly read it... I couldn't see for the tears.. When I found out the
    truth about the truth six years ago, I also came to the realization that one day I would be burying my parents as well... Sometimes I think that is harder to take then knowing I have been lied to my entire life by the organization. Thanks for sharing.

• crownboy
    crownboy

(((Lisa)))

It's so sad, I know. So many people who've given their lives to a complete lie; it really hurts when it's your own parents. My parents are both in their 50's, and I really don't see them leaving the Org. Like me, they were both raised in the Org. (hence thourouly brain washed), but unlike me they aren't 20 years old. They've spent their entire lives in the Org., and though 50 something isn't exceptionally old, it's old enough to be set in your ways. They're fairly liberal and they don't follow the 'Tower to every last "t" (my dad went to college in the old days), but if they're ever in a life threatening situation that requires blood... I'll hate the Org. even more than I do now . I hope things eventually smooth out with your parents, and maybe your daughter will learn to like the flute (but hopefully not like that chick from American Pie .

(((Billygoat)))

Sorry to hear your parents aren't going to your wedding. I can't imagine my parents being so cold hearted as to miss such a very important event. You're handling the situation right in "putting the ball in their court", as far as resuming a relationship is concerned. They've got to be the first to realize how unfair they are. Are any of your JW family going to attend? It's ridiculous how a religion can cause so much havoc in a family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit