KANSAS OR OZ?

by Frenchy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Frenchy:

Which would make you happier, the complete dissolution of the WTB&S or to find out tomorrow that you are wrong and they are everything they say they are?

My experience with other shows that too often, those who leave or get forced out, know the Society is wrong, and yet do not want to be outside of its circles. And it is understandable, especially when the JW life has been exactly that .... their life, their whole world, and some, no matter what, are not willing to give up their world, their friends and family.

Others leave and torment themselves believing that despite their expereinces, it IS Jehovah's organization, run by imperfedct men so they make excuses and keep coming back, and their lives become a mess.

I didn't leave because of personality conflicts, I didn't leave because of flip flops of theology, I left because I felt they no longer represented the character of God and Christ. Despite what many of you believe in regards the Society's history, there was a time when it was Christ centered, when the most important thing in its charter was to help people get closer to the Lord and be like him. Somehow ALL that was lost sight of, and instead of looking to Christ for salvation, he was replaced with an organization and we became book peddlers.

Personally, I didn't have a real family within the Witnesses, I was the only convert, although my sister in law [brothers wife] and cousin were witnesses, I was never close to any, so it was no big deal to get up and leave it all behind, I'm not one to stay for family and friends, I do what I believe is right.

Do I see good in the Society? I see some good, but the good they do is too often overshadowed by the bad, not to mention that many other Churches, associations and self help ministries have also done good. The Society is not the only ones who can change people lives. What they have done is simply given them a purpose in life, for them to want to change.

Do I ever see myself actively asociating with the Society? Never say never, however that said, they would have to make some major theological chnages. All in all, I believe that the Witnesses as a whole are sincere, sincerely wrong, but sincere.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I want to thank all of you who took the time to respond. It appears that some, understandably so, are venting their anger and frustration while, at the same time, wanting some confirmation that they are right in their evaluation of the Society. I think that speaks well of such individual in that they are trying not to be rash in their actions. Some feel a need to speak out about the things they have learned in an effort to alert those ‘inside’ to what is going on and that’s commendable also.
    We have at least one response from someone looking for truth. Perhaps we all are whether we say so or not but it’s good to hear it nonetheless. There is also the fact that we draw comfort from one another through our mutual experience.
    -- A side note to those of you who were never JW—We appreciate your presence here but there is no way you can ever truly relate to our experience.
    Ozziepost: I have nothing against Kansas. If you don't understand the symbolisms here then my explaining them will serve no purpose. It's what they mean to YOU that matters. There is no right and wrong answer here.
    One poster makes a comment that is often expressed on these boards, namely that of the Society making major theological changes. (RR) Actually it has made changes. What if any changes would be necessary for you to ‘go back’? Could you ever go back?
    I’m trying hard not to limit the scope of expressions here. If I sound vague it’s because I am trying not to be limiting. Please feel free….

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• RR
    RR

Frenchy

One poster makes a comment that is often expressed on these boards, namely that of the Society making major theological changes. (RR) Actually it has made changes. What if any changes would be necessary for you to ‘go back’? Could you ever go back?

To be honest? Nah, I don't think I would ever go back, could I asociate with them? Sure, if we had enough in common, but as it is, we are theologically worlds apart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit