KANSAS OR OZ?

by Frenchy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Frenchy
    Frenchy
    I mean c'mon people, how long are 'we' going to vent? I have met people who have been 'out' for well over twenty years, and they still talk about the Watchtower as if they never left or as if they left yesterday–RR in a response on the thread: ‘Don't you have a single good thing to say?'

Are we perhaps all whistling in the dark? Have we left Kansas and instead of clicking our heels together and chanting: "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home" we are instead shouting: "There is no Kansas...there is no Kansas..."???
    Which is better, Kansas or the land of Oz? Which would make you happier, the complete dissolution of the WTB&S or to find out tomorrow that you are wrong and they are everything they say they are?
    Okay, logical, here's your opportunity to contribute something positive. Let's hear your heartfelt views on this and please, no parroting of MDS here.

P.S.
    –excellent observation, RR.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Englishman
    Englishman

Frenchy,

I have been posting on these boards for almost a year now, and I am nowhere near finished in saying what I want to say about my time in the JW`s.

It takes longer than 1 year to cleanse oneself of 18 years association with the WTBTS, so in answer to Logicals question, no, there is nothing good about being a JW, absolutely nothing.

At this rate, I expect to have finished venting in about 17 years. As they said to my pal who once had a nervous breakdown, "It`ll take as long for you to come out of it as it did for you to go into it".

Englishman.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I post online about my experiences because I know people here understand my feelings. I will be affected by my association with the Watchtower my entire life.

It helps me to see comments of others undergoing the same struggle.

hugs

Joel

• Englishman
    Englishman

`afternoon, Joel bear,

Great picture on H2O!

Englishman.

• Seven
    Seven

Hi Frenchy, It was suggested to me recently, by a close friend that I have replaced meetings per week with hours at the keyboard. Get with what's real. Cut the cord and move on. I've been here nearly a year, been away from meetings for months and am well aware of the lie. I've said all I have to say but... I think now, that it's time to "give back." Maybe what we say will make a difference to someone out there. Sweet freedom-hopefully for some.

We have all been effected in so many different ways. Like joelbear, it helps me to "see the comments of others undergoing the same struggle."

Seven

btw, welcome to the board, joelbear.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I have to agree with Seven on this one. I've been out for about 16 years. However, most of that time was spent thinking that I was the only one who had experienced what I had.

I found the internet boards several years ago. Initially, I found them a perfect place to vent and rid myself of the WT burden. Then I found that I liked many of the people I had met online, and continued to cyber-associate with them. In some cases, I've been privileged to actually meet some of these people, or at the very least, engage in frequent telephone chats.

I have finally come to the conclusion that perhaps my experiences may be of some use to someone the edge or newly out. Perhaps my "venting" might spark some thread of recognition in them that will help them to get beyond the WTBTS and into a full life.

I also still genuinely like the people I've met and continue to meet on these boards.

(edited because my fingers work much faster than my brain)

Edited by - RedhorseWoman on 27 February 2001 13:4:57

• anglise
    anglise

Hi everyone,
    I agree with the comments regarding others experiences.
    I only went on-line after deciding that the org was faulty in a big way, but then reading about others in similar situations and also sites with the WTBTS history fully exposed on them really, confirmed the facts about the lies we had been told to get us into the truth and then keep us there.
    Its no small wonder that the org are condemning the internet at every opportunity and warning/threatening the r&f to keep away from it.
    I am really grateful to all those who posted on forums and web pages months, maybe years ago so that others could find out the truth about the 'truth'.

• unanswered
    unanswered

frenchy- even though i would find it hard to believe the WT is everything they say they are, i want find to the truth, not the "truth". whatever it is, that's what i'm looking for.

• unanswered
    unanswered

frenchy- even though i would find it hard to believe the WT is everything they say they are, i want find to the truth, not the "truth". whatever it is, that's what i'm looking for.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I've read your words Monsieur Frenchy but there's something I don't understand, that is when you ask the question "Which is better, Kansas or the land of Oz?"

Kansas - a state of the USA
    Oz - a magical land inhabited by friendly funloving people

I'd rather live in a land rather than a state any day. OK you Kansas boys it may be a state of excitement you're in, but we've got the weather - see!

But Frenchy, why did you pick on Kansas - what have you got against it?

Do tell, I'm curious

Ozzie (aka The Wizard)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit