JW becoming normal religion

by Realist 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Realist
    Realist

am i wrong or is there a trend to make the WT to a normal religion? first they gave up to predict who the new king of the north is. then they stopped predicting the end of the world. they get more and more relaxed on the blood issue. several othjer things like the BJ prohibition are lifted...if it continues like this the WT will be nothing but a boring normal religion in a few years!
    is that observation correct??

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Yeah...pretty soon they'll do something crazy like recognize the deity of Christ :)

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

HAHAHA
    Bj Ban lifted!

• Soledad
    Soledad

hmmm...maybe. I tend to think that they will only be "normal" after they get hit with a big huge lawsuit over the blood or pedophile issue..until then, "new light" is just re-hashed "old light" (or vice versa) but with a new understanding, interpretation, yada yada.

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Lets not forget how they've changed their name to
    Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses instead of plain old JWs. And now when they call at your door they don't say who they are unless bullied- they say they are from a christian congregation in your area. Trying to look normal at least.

• cyrano
    cyrano

They'll have to give up all that nonsense about being the 'only' true religion and 'God's mouthpiece' on earth.

Then they need to give up their iron-fisted control of persons lives.

Ofcourse they have to trash the disfelloshipping, blood, 1914, 607bce, 144,000 and all the other crap.

What are the chances?

I'd say a fat ZERO.

• RR
    RR

Personally, I can't see a lawsuit involving the Blood issue, or any other doctrinal issue. Let's face it. The Society is a religion, a religion with rules, you don't want to follow the rules, they have a right to expel you and you have a right to leave.

Most of us knew the consequences of breaking their rules, and we did it anyways. Unless they vilate the civil laws, there isn't much anyone can do about it.

Pedophilia? Hey, it their not required to report it, they don't have to. It's a moral thing, not a civil thing.

• cyrano
    cyrano

Quote "And now when they call at your door they don't say who they are unless bullied- they say they are from a christian congregation in your area."

Wow.. I seem to remember a 'kingdom melody'... proclaiming 'we're Jehovah's Witnesses.. we speak out in fearlessness.. yada, yada.

Guess proclaiming JAH has went out of fashion.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder why they say "A Christian Congregation" instead of "THE Christian Congregation"??? They are, after all, god's one and only TRUE channel on earth!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Grunt
    Grunt

Until "Normal" means shunning kids and parents on command, letting babies die for lack of blood, protecting pedophiles and other criminals and shunning those who go public about them, not voting, reading all your "questions" and "answers" from the bottom of the page and calling that a "discussion" well, you get the picture. Normal. A Jehovah's Witness doesn't know the meaning of normal. With the Tower as their standard, ignorance in that regard is only to be expected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit