Ideas how to answer a jw friend

by Daniel1555 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

I faded completely (no kh visits or field service).

Just recently a close friend from the kh wrote:

"Dear Daniel. It's a pity that we don't see you anymore at the kingdom hall. It's a pity / I am sad that this way of life is not right for you anymore."

She knows that I left because jw doctrins are going against my conscience.

How would you answer?

• sir82
    sir82
    "Please don't feel sad, or feel pity for me. My life is better than ever, because [fill in whatever applies...go into glowing detail]. It is also better because I never have to put up with [fill in whatever crap you had to put up with when you were a JW] ."
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Depends on the type of relationship you have, but I would probably say something about how happy you've been lately and if you actually value them as a friend, invite them to meet up in a non-cult setting.
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Don't respond...erase the email. has you know.........talking with an all in witness....is like talking to the wall.

move on and live your life.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    If you want to be safe do not answer. If you don't mind some risk thank her for her concern and leave it at that. Jehovah's Witnesses are not free to be themselves. She may be sincere but she is not in control of her life or her beliefs. Not yet at least...
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Dear close friend.

It is kind of you to let me know that I am in your thoughts. You have always shown yourself to be a true and loving friend. I realize you are sad because I am no longer at the Kingdom Hall and worry about my salvation.

I want to ease your mind, if I can, by saying that I am happy and confident about my future so not to worry. As far as I'm concerned we will always be friends.

Fondly, Daniel

If you want you can invite her to lunch as well. Through the ball in her court if you want but stay off the topic of religion- period!

• naazira
    naazira

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling sad, but please don't feel that way. I am doing great, life is great, im healthy, and ( feel free to mention your spiritual state and growth if applicable).

Life is a gift and I intend to show my appreciation for life by focusing my attention on other matters that are important to me. I will understand if you cut off contact with me, as that is what your religion's doctrine requires of you. Just know that you are always welcome to contact me for a chat or to share a meal.

An unconditional friend,

Put your name

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I'd ignore the guilt trip bit and say, 'Hi, nice to hear from you. I'm really good thanks, how are you?'
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Daniel = unless you want to appear before a judicial committee, my advise would be don't respond to it. Silence is the best reply to dubbies.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I would just say that the Bible says to keep on searching asking and growing in knowledge and that knowledge is a good thing, proverbs 4. And that your salvation is based on your personal relationship with Jesus and his father not your loyalty to any religious organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit