does anyone else have problems dating??

by eyegirl 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

when i first started dating 'worldly men', i found them all to be a thrilling, exciting contrast to the boys at the kingdom halls. i didn't have trouble adjusting to dating itself. my problem i was terribly naive, having led such a sheltered existence, and i fell in love too easily. i also sought out older men, because i wanted experience and wisdom and kindness, which they seemed to have in abundance. but they were also a bit controlling, which got old fast, 'cause i had had enough of that with the witnesses. but you grow from your experiences, and soon learn that all men don't want to control you, and that many 'worldly' men are a thousand times more enlightened, spiritual and emotionally mature than any jw dude... good luck.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

LOL @ six

Have you found yourself to be dating controlling men?
    Francois, that was my problem but i remedied that last year.

i'm dating retarded nowadays and tend to just avoid it all together lol. i'm enjoying singlehood but miss that someone....anyway, eye, you gotta come down to the cities for a weekend so we can go out and have some fun! :)

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

After leaving the Borg one has to learn to love him/herself first. Bring up their self esteem and then they will be ready to get into a relationship. Unfortunately while being a Jdub we were not taught the life skills necessary to survive in this world.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• Mackin
    Mackin

"What do you mean you've never been in a long-term relationship before. At your age, how come?"

"Well I've been a 'dub all these years and given up my personal happiness for the sake of the WTS."

"But you've had a girlfriend before, haven't you?"

"Well no, you see 'dubs aren't allowed to have a girlfriend unless they're looking for a wife, and in Bethel you aren't allowed in a room with a female who's not a blood relative without the door open."

"Thanks for dinner. Don't call me, I'll call you."

-----------------------------------
    To the world you may be one person,
    But to one person you may be the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit