Hope y'all in Texas are doing OK !

by Simon 22 Replies latest social current

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Glad you're surviving, Terry. Hailstorms are crazy. We got a good deal on a truck once because a hailstorm had left a few dents on the roof and hood. It was a white work truck, so who cares about a few dents? I'm assuming you don't park your bike outdoors. :)
  • kaik
    kaik
    Pretty much everywhere in the world you can encounter major flooding. Texas had been prone to flooding, especially after hurricanes, but also suffer with drought. Additionally, some areas are close to sea level or even foot below like New Orleans, because they were built on swamp and are sinking, so even little rain can cause flooding. Another problem which is prevalent to all of USA and Europe is neglected waterway infrastructure. Ditches, polders, dykes, and coastal barriers are neglected, eroded or dysfunctional. Even Germany in past 20 years suffered with huge floods 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, which could be minimized if the hydrology was properly maintained. In Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, and elsewhere, they issue is environmental protection ideology, which took precedence over saving lives, infrastructure, and property.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Terry, I am in the Puget sound area and we are havigng stunningly perfect weather. I should be in Houston-glad I am not. When I get back to Texas, I hope we can meet sometime. Or you could come to Seattle and get some sunshine:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit