Preparing for Governing Body 3.0? Making older GB step down? (New September Watchtower)

by FusionTheism 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    The GB, if it has any sense at all, will add a little brother Aaron comparable to Aaron who spoke for Moses. Tight Pants Tony and Elijah Muhammad Applewhite Lett as my case in point are more likely to cause doubt as to whether it is a personal perspective or the voice of God. JW TV has greater potential to backfire than it does to win souls if they can't keep the senile talk under control.
  • SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    They need a little brother Aaron in the Governing Body who can speak for their stuttering Moseses. Tight Pants Tony and Elijah Muhammed Applewhite Lett are extremely unconvincing as the faithful and discrete slave who speak for God. I still want to know where I can see women working out in their spanx and not just spandex.
  • average joe
    average joe
    The article doesn't mention the gb. Replacing the old witnesses with younger ones is likely meant to get the younger ones more involved in things and thus encouraging the other younger ones. It gets the next generation of witnesses ready to take the lead. It seems an obvious move really...
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

TOMO is 65!!! Jeeze!!! He looks like shit!!

DD

• Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy
    There's a huge shift happening right now with the GB, WTS, and the other related corporations. Minus the corporate and legal issues (which are significant), the theological/theocratic matters are of very high consequence. Keep an eye out for future Watchtower "type/anti-type"-ish articles highlighting changes in leadership in the Hebrew Scriptures and how those are akin to what's happening at WTS right now.
  • zophar
    zophar

"he recognizes that Jehovah’s ways and standards are always better than his own"

Where in Jehovah's "ways and standards" does it ever encourage older men to give up their responsibility???

Deuteronomy 31:1,2: Then Moses went out and spoke these words to all Israel, saying to them: "I am 120 years old today. I can no longer lead you for Jehovah has said to me, 'You will not cross this Jordan.'

Deuteronomy 34:7: Moses was 120 years old at his death. His eyes had not grown dim, and his strength had not departed.

So Moses was only losing his position because of death. In fact he was vibrant and active at 120 years old.

Why doesn't this accurately reflect "Jehovah's ways and standards"?

Once again, we are told what Jehovah's ways and standards are, but nowhere does the Bible reflect those ways and standards for the Christian Congregation.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Biblically they can't retire a GB Body member by age. The Apostle John was 96 when he received the Revelation while he was imprisoned at Patmos. While he was there he was in the capacity of still being an Apostle, and GB member. Later on he wrote one of his letters (3 John) to a congregation mentioning the wrong deeds of a certain man. Retirement of that position comes from other means.
  • prologos
    prologos

Quarterback: The Apostle John was 96 when he received the Revelation while he was imprisoned at Patmos. While he was there he was in the capacity of still being an Apostle, and GB member.

GB member? we thought the seven congregations answered directly to "jesus"? what Governing Body, and definitely not of the F& D Slave? had to wait to 1919 for that, and the Governing body has to have quorum to be the FaDS anyway, tough thing if you are stuck in Patmos, and Jerusalem is in ruins,

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Where did this new "high standard" regarding age, suddenly come from? "Jehovah" didn't seem to have an age limit for the last 100 years of the "organization".... why does he suddenly have one now.

Seems to me since the very beginning, even the old GB members died in office.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit