Preparing for Governing Body 3.0? Making older GB step down? (New September Watchtower)

by FusionTheism 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Watchtower, Study Edition, September 2015, "Are You Reaching the Stature that Belongs to Christ?":

Paragraph 6: The mature Christian shows humility in that he recognizes that Jehovah’s ways and standards are always better than his own. [Footnote: For example, older, experienced brothers may be asked to step aside from certain responsibilities and to lend support to younger brothers as they take on those responsibilities.]

He zealously preaches the good news and contributes to the unity of the congregation.
  • sir82
    sir82

Nope.

Far more likely, reports of grumbling are being heard from the 80+ year old COBEs, and 70+ year old COs, who are now being forced to step down from their lofty perches due to WT fiat.

No retirement age has been set for any of the "magnificent 7".

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I agree with sir82. No way any of the GB is forced to step down. They may step down of their own accord due to health as their age declines, but typically they would just reassign his responsibilities.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Like Greenles, they will recieve a "special assignment" abroad. Probably somewhere with no extradition laws.

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I see the term 'step aside', rather than down. Looks like the WBT$ wants old codgers out of the way in certain areas of 'activity(tm)'.

Leave it to the younger inexperienced, uneducated newer drones that are of the 'new, simplified, no think' watchtower mentality.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Yes, I believe the GB is getting ready to retire a few of their own and will replace them with some among their Helpers, anointed or not. They will in a "humble mode" claim that they too are subject to age limitations which require retirement when it is necessary.

Then those among the GB who retire will (like Emeritus Pope Benedict who lives in luxury without the bother) live out their lives at Warwick making a few appearances here and there to convention crowds.

It is coming.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let me say this, there is a minute chance that a GB member could be used as a scapegoat. It would be a calculated risk on their part because a scandal is never good for membership. If the reward is great enough ( survival of the parasitic entity known as "Mother" ) they WILL do it.

If I were the powers behind the WTBTS, I would throw a GB member under the bus. Especially if the all the dirty laundry was going to put "Mother" at risk. It would solve many, many, many problems and ease the dissonance of JWs worldwide.

Millions of JWs would be saying, " I knew something was off! It all makes sense now! Where do I donate?!"

DD

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    I would vote for Lett as the scapegoat and vote Splane into retirement.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I actually would think the opposite would happen considering they are all ready having trouble finding qualified men. I know of an example here where they had to bring a CO out of retirement because the couldn't get any body to do the job.
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    As sir82 said, this is to address the older COBE's that have had to step down per the new guidelines of September 2014. This does not apply to the GB. Do as I say, but not as I do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit