Hi I'm new

by bonovox 22 Replies latest jw friends

• terafera
    terafera

Hi Bono,

Nice to meet ya! I'm always excited to see a new 'face' round here!

I too, love Jehovah while not the Organization. When I first came here, I was an inactive Witness, but now do not feel any urge to go back. I have found a much more freeing, close and loving relationship with God now that I dont go to the Hall. Think about it, did you like people telling you how to talk to your Father, how He thinks of you...dictating every little part of your life? I have found that I can still be a Christian without jumping through the jw hoops.

VioletAnai said: Pray to Jah, don't listen to the wtbts for now or this board, just pray and form that
    relationship with Him...he will strengthen you if you ask!
    I understand what she's saying here... it is important to rely on God and strengthen your relationship with Him. The problem is, you cannot 'not listen to the wtbts' and be in good standing as a jw. When you enter the Hall, you are opening yourself to every little 'tweeking' they desire to do with you. I thought for myself for years as a jw, and was looked at as a 'rebel' and a freak. Now that I'm out, I see I wasnt so wierd, just an intelligent person who thought for myself.

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Welcome Bonovox

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

vi,
    i think alot of the venom that is on here comes from years of pent up frustration. you said you are just studying now. well imagine growing up and being warped by the whole WTS your whole life. you might have a little venom too. i'm not condoning all out bashings, but maybe if you try to understand where some of us are coming from it will make more sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit