Hi I'm new

by bonovox 22 Replies latest jw friends

• bonovox
    bonovox

Ok, so I kinda stumbled onto this site. I have many questions, but first a bit about myself:

I was born and raised in the truth. At age 13 I made a silly choice to get baptized. One thing that I've realized since is that I never actually prayed to Jehovah and made a dedication to him. I just did the baptism questions which I passed with flying colors, as I was quite the brainer back then. It was all about acheivement for me tho -could I get to do the mics, run the magazine counter, become a pioneer, etc etc,..I moved out of home at 18 and returned to the big city. And then I discovered girls! I had a huge problem with controlling myself. I was reproved so many times I couldnt even count, and each time Id come crawling back for more. Smoked alot of weed, always wanted the 'worldly hairstyle', the beard, etc etc. In short, I was a rebel. Finally when I was almost 20 I realized that I was living a completely fraudulent double life, so I stopped going to meetings. Then (one) of my current girlfriends (to whom I am now happily married w/2 kids) moved in. Shortly thereafter the elders came by to check up on me. I told them I just wasnt living up to my baptism and I just needed a break from it all. They said 'uh-uh, that's not how it works, you have to write a letter indicating you want to leave'. I was furious, cause the way I saw it I got baptized prematurely and immaturely and just wanted to chill out for a while and work out my own issues myself. So I told them to wait in the hallway, went and got a pen and paper, and scribbled a letter stating I was out. Well alot has happened since then, you know, being considered a DF'd individual and all, the standard family not talking to you etc etc...but Im really not bitter, and Im not here to bitch and moan about my decision or whats happened because of it. I want to get to know some people and find out just what the heck is going on these days...

So if you've got a second to indulge me, a couple of questions:

- is *anyone* on here a Witness? Please be honest.
    - if you are, why do you visit a forum like this? I read alot of bitter posters, are you trying to help them? Or are you a doubter yourself?
    - what is all this talk about revised stances on DF people? Id love some current info, like from someone who is attending meetings and getting mags, books, whatever...I always thought that one day they'd let parents talk to their kids etc. always found that one very overbearing and hard to deal with..would like some ammo for my first talk with my mom in almost 5 years
    - there was a poster I read about called You Know. Dude I'd like to rap with you a bit, I liked your perspective on some topics I read from you...you talk about a change/house cleaning to be effected by Jehovah real soon, what will you do in the meantime? Will you still go to meetings, go in service, etc??

Anyone who is willing to talk about this stuff in a balanced manner please respond...Ive been away for along time but I never considered myself an apostate as I dont flame them or hate them, I just disagree with some of the org stuff and the rules that to me seem to have been man-made...

Please if all youre going to do is say 'JWs are fucking idiots' or comments to that effect please just dont respond, Im not interested in a who hates them more screaming match...ALL WE NEED IS LOVE!!!!

Hope you all can see that this is NOT a troll, just want to get back in touch with people who love Jehovah but maybe not necessarily the org, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and btw, I LOVE U2!!! Their music and vibe has helped me thru all these turbulent years!!

"Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"

Bullet the Blue Sky, Rattle n Hum version

• roybatty
    roybatty

"Until the End of the World" ..one of Bono's best "spiritual" songs.

• musky
    musky

Welcome Bono

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Bonovox and welcome, You said:

just want to get back in touch with people who love Jehovah but maybe not necessarily the org
    I think there are quite a few posting here who still love God, but, not the Watchtower Society. If that is what you are looking for, you should find it here.

Borgfree

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training." -Anna Freud

• bonovox
    bonovox

not to get too involved in the whole UTEOTW idea, cause I want to get to some of my questions too, but isn't that an interesting take on the whole Jesus vs. Judas thing? Having seen this live twice, it is interesting the way Bono plays Judas to Edge's Jesus, they do a little duel and in the end Edge wins by beating Bono down with some amazing guitar riffs, in spite of Bono's cries for love love love...

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I am still in the organization, for a little while longer. I come here becasue there are a tremndous number of JW's still in good standing here, we cannot speak freely on the so-called 'JW only boards.'

Part of the problem that the Israelites had, and the Jews in Jesus' day, is that they did not know where they ended and their organization began. This cost Korah's folowers their lives, and it cost some Jews their lives when David ran his census (they all knew it was wrong) and it cost some Jews their lives when during Zedekiah's day teh Jews were supposed to let the slaves go during the Jubilee and they didn't.

Today, Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons and on and on do not know where they end and their organization begins. Just becasue a bunch of men in Brooklyn tell your elders who tell you to do something does not make it right, just as in Korah and David and Zedekiah's case.

The 'Nuremburg' defense does not work, not then they hung them untill dead dead dead, and today Jw's are being cyber-hung untill cyber dead dead dead becasue they know, as individuals, right from wrong.

Jehovah's Witnessess, you were were warned thousands of years ago, to run away from false prophets. You did not listen. God has given you decades to make your escape.

You did not listen.

You were warned.

Now you will pay.

ROAR LAMBS ROAR!!!!

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• bonovox
    bonovox

..and now I know why some have locked their email addresses away:

instead of posting something productive on this thread, some person just emailed me privately with their version of a 'welcome', by giving me a link to the following site:

http://www.geocities.com/lucilleb12/JehovahsWitness-Mugs.html

Well Im probably gonna draw alot of heat by saying this, but since this is my thread, I feel no ways about saying just how petty, childish and utterly ridiculous that was. I wont be so mean as to post your name, but DID YOU NOT READ MY POST?? I am NOT interested in such negative foolishness.

One of the reasons I stopped going to meetings was to escape the negativity and intolerance of a small but prominent minority who were ruining the whole experience for me. In the 12 years that followed, I have done everything I can to surround myself with POSITIVITY, not negativity. Let me just state from the outset that it is not welcome in my email inbox, thanks very much.

Well thats enough ranting about *that*...guess I should have mentioned that I am a pretty outspoken and passionate person...lol..

Thanks to everyone else so far for the warm welcome! :)

---------------------------------------------

"Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"

Bullet the Blue Sky, Rattle n Hum version

• Soledad
    Soledad

Welcome! Your story is very similar to mine, I also didnt *pray* before getting baptized at age 13. I always thought that my baptism should be considered null and void considering that I was a minor and not yet mature enough to make such a decision on my own.

Looking forward to more of your threads

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

I too have a struggle with this board. It downheartens me too, so I go away to recharge...but then the addiction kicks in and I have to come back and I just can't control my mouth....

I study, but doubt and am angry over the s.lambs issue as it affects me too. I find alot of venom here if you should mention anything positive about the jw's. I usually just ignore it unless I believe it's unfair.

I'm not going to worry about the wtbts, I'm going to wait and let Jehovah sort it out....He is fully aware of what is happening.... what is done in darkness eventually comes out into the light...the ones deserving will get their exact punishment, Jah being just will make sure of that. I cling to that and that's what gets me thru.

Pray to Jah, don't listen to the wtbts for now or this board, just pray and form that relationship with Him...he will strengthen you if you ask!

Luv
    Vi.

• bonovox
    bonovox

Dungbeetle that was, er, interesting, to say the least...well it should spark *some* conversation anyways...:) Just want to talk about a few things you said (and believe me Im not being sarcastic in my questions!):

>>I am still in the organization, for a little while longer.<<

Do you plan to leave? Why would you prolong the agony, so to speak?

>>I come here becasue there are a tremndous number of JW's still in good standing here,<<

Are there?? Wicked! Will they contribute to a thread like mine where the person has at the outset stated their current 'status' (yuck, or whatever)? I hope so!

>>we cannot speak freely on the so-called 'JW only boards.'<<

What do you mean by that? Are these boards moderated by elders or something? WHich boards do you mean (can you give some linx)? I used to lurk over at JWOnline but then it got closed, do you know anything about that? Was the creator coerced to close it down?

>>Today, Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons and on and on do not know where they end and their organization begins.<<

I'll agree with that, to an extent, but I think there's good and bad people to be found in just about every religion on the planet.

>>Just becasue a bunch of men in Brooklyn tell your elders who tell you to do something does not make it right, just as in Korah and David and Zedekiah's case.<<

True enough, with the exception of stuff you can read yourself without stretching interpretation too much in the Bible, of course, like dont kill, commit adultry etc...

>>The 'Nuremburg' defense does not work, not then they hung them untill dead dead dead<<

Do you mean 'because our leaders told us to' defense? Well I think that everyone needs to evaluate what theyre being told against Scripture (and not just minute passages but the whole context) and decide for themselves if its true..

>>Jehovah's Witnessess, you were were warned thousands of years ago, to run away from false prophets. You did not listen. God has given you decades to make your escape.

You did not listen.

You were warned.

Now you will pay.<<

Im not sure Im following you here, from what you said at the outset you still are 'in', right? Are you making such an escape? To where? Antoher religion? Im sincerely curious which one, my father was a bitter apostate for many years before becoming a Catholic and it always makes me wonder how you could leave one and go to another that is just so...well never mind...lol..anyways, and what do you predict will happen to them? God's destruction? Isn't that just as extremist as their position? Not that I doubt that there will be some form of judgement, Im just not sure we really know what form it will take...

Good talkin to you bro!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit