Not all are windowwashers!!

by carlitos71 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

lol@sixofnine! That's a little over the top, though.

MikeMusto. Dude, I like you but - Dang! - lay off the mullet already!

Taking the thread back to topic now...
    The local elders I knew weren't rich, but not dirt poor either. One was a draftsman, one a machinist. The others were self-employed and owned their own businesses. Lawn care, electrician, carpet cleaning, and insurance agent. They worked hard to support their families and I respect that, even if I don't like some of them personally.
    Having lived dirt-poor myself, I take issue with anyone who comes across as denigrating a "blue collar" profession. Someone who takes pride in their work and works hard at it, regardless of how menial we may think it is, deserves respect.

Mike!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I feel a rant of gigantic proportions brewing......

Stay tuned folks....

Andee

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

bendrr, I hope this makes you feel a bit better. When I hear "grease monkey" I think of a person who is in those quick oil change places...which, btw, my MS father worked at before he retired.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

The average grease monkey where I come from make pretty damn good money. $20 an hour and up. if he works for someone else and more if he has his own grease business.[8>]

.........................It's the silence between the notes, that make the music.....................
  • one
    one

Here is some CREDiTS

Broadcast stations, among the first one WBBR ?, a poster's father was the chief engineer

printing factories, really fast ones

MEPS (computer hard and soft to do translation long beofre the PC was available.

Quick buildng projects, on a week end!

All of the above requires some dedicated slaves near the top doing some serious thinking.

But most adquired the skills BEFORE becoming jw then helped wt to accomplish projects

Most assistans just follow directions, even window wahsers can do it..

Lawyers are something else, college teach them to question everything. Not many become jw, unlees they are loosers or sick.

WT lawyers seem to be loyal, second generation or above, choosen bethelites.

Who knows what kind of contract or agrrement they have to sign before wt send them to law school... so wt trap them real good...

AND who knows what kind of law school they send them to. In house?

I cant imagine anyone going to a TRADITIONAL law school and then go back to work for wt, unless... read above for a hint.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Plmkrzy you're right. $20/hour is pretty common. But you have to remember how we're paid. The majority of us are paid a percentage of the labor we generate so it isn't $20/hour simply for being on the clock.

Mike!

• mike
    mike

I've been cleaning windows for 13 years.

I start at about 6am and work through 'till lunchtime. My work is all commercial and solid as a rock. I get to spend time with my wife in the afternoon and, when they were younger, I used to occasionally collect my kids from school.

Sure, I moan like hell during the cold winters but the summer makes up for it. I'm fit, I work in the fresh air instead of an office, shop or factory and I've made loads of friends through this work.

I work no more than about 30 hours per week usually ending my day between 11am - 1pm and I earn about £2600 per month.

And I had no trouble getting time off to watch England stuff Argentina!

So why don't the rest of you who always have a 'pop' at us window cleaners just grow up. I wouldn't swap places with any of you!!!!!

mike

• Englishman
    Englishman
    So why don't the rest of you who always have a 'pop' at us window cleaners just grow up. I wouldn't swap places with any of you!!!!!

Right on there, Mikey. Some of us are actually fitting windows, why, only last week I worked right the way through until, mmm, 'bout 2:30 one afternoon, ye Gods, some weeks I'm at it for 18 hours or more!

Oh the stress...

Englishman.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

i love that being non-borg now leaves me many more career options though.
    simply for the fact that i don't have to stick to work that makes it possible to attend all the meetings.
    yay, i can pursue something i enjoy!! and i can even spend some time and money furthering my education for that purpose!!!

SPAZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit