Not all are windowwashers!!

by carlitos71 18 Replies latest jw friends

• carlitos71
    carlitos71

To those that say that most JW's are windowwashers(due to no higher education), well you're wrong. Some are carpet cleaners, grease monkeys, pizza delivery boys, bread delivery boy, drivers, hair cutters, carwashers, toilet cleaners...

Hey wait a minute..

Like the allmighty Homer J. Simpson said "Dough!!".

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

...and let's not forget the lawyers.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

While elders are often categorized as holding these more menial jobs, there are a number that do very, very well.

An elder at a local congregation was a doctor who started a national HMO with some other doctors. He is absolutely rolling in dough. I knew quite a few other elders who made in the $50,000-65,000 range. Most either converted after college, or ignored the society's counsel on higher education.

Then again, you might be surprised how much window washers and house painters can make.

Hmmm

• obiwan
    obiwan

Funny s@#t carlitos,funny s@#t.

WOW It's a wide open world,use your
    own thoughts.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I am still a JW - went to college and make more than
    the elders listed. Unfortunately its the roll of the dice
    and seeing if you can keep the elders at bay. Of course
    i went to Bethel which may have bought me some time.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Carlitos, I understand the point of your post but I have to take issue with one of the jobs you listed.
    Grease monkey.
    Don't say that.
    I'm an automotive technician. To be precise, an undercar technician. We don't mind being called mechanics. We prefer to be called technicians. We refuse to be called [pause and grimace] "grease monkeys".
    You seem to be placing technicians into a category of menial, low-wage jobs that lack respect and that is very far from the truth.
    Driveability technicians can make over 100 thousand a year. I'm an undercar technician (brakes, suspension, and exhaust) and I'll make about 50 thousand this year. Maybe even more.
    I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just take it personally when someone says "grease monkey" because that's an image that I and other technicians are trying very hard to overcome.

Mike!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

LOL @ Spaz. Yep, they aren't all hard working salt of the earth types.

Bendrr, might you find "undercarriage jigaboo" less offensive?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

oh Sh**! I didn't see the gun! I take it back!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

geesh what kinda neighborhoods do you guys hang out in??

Most the jw's I know are rich. and or professionals.
    When ever I would be hanging around a few "other" type christian people they would make snidly remarks about jews and jws having all the money in the world. Oh and the mormons, can't forget the mormons.
    They all have some conspierecy going(according to some)scooping up all the money in the world. HAhahaha.
    I laugh my ars off every time some one say's that.

.........................It's the silence between the notes, that make the music.....................
  • MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

never trust a guy with a mullett

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit