The writing is on the wall the pale horse is here.

by spectromize 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ianao
    ianao

hey waiting.

No one, except Friend, ever insisted on proper forum decor. Not Coffee House Style, you know. Hard to share a cup of coffee and chat when we insist others "go to their room."

Then I am pleased to be the second. Most of the folks who gripe about non-spiritual discussions always point to the trivial posts in the Main forum. I for one, would rather have a spiritual discussion in Bible Reseach than a general area such as this one.

I personally don't think Simon visioned those rigid rules.

I agree with you totally, but others who are griping about the lack of spirituality in discussions should learn to adjust to the lack of interest from folks prodding around the Main area for more broadly based subjects.

Two ways to correct this situation:

#1. CONTROL responders and encourage them to respond only when generally interested in the topic.

#2. CONTROL posters and encourage them to post in areas where the discussions fit the category of interest.

Since self-control is easier than group control I personally prefer option #2. Otherwise, differing categories of discussion are meaningless.

• ianao
    ianao
    Spiritual discussion is not limited to the research board.

You know as well as I do Jr that you are playing teacher, and you are trying to designate Spectromize as the pupil. Your form of "spiritual discussion" always ends up being an allusion to your new group's prophetic notions, AND YOU KNOW IT! These "prophetic discussions" are usually discussed by whom? Folks who are researching the Bible.

I did not claim any limits nor moderator status. I said: "That's what the Bible Research forum is for" and I still mean just that. You will have less of what you call "foolishes" and more on-topic responses if you post them in areas where people generally interested in those things tend to look.

I don't think Simon is stupid so I don't think he categorized the postings for nothing. The courtesy is there. Why not take advantage of it?

Spec asked what people thought about the subject and that's what folks are posting. I KNEW from your previous posts that you were going to try and turn a thread asking for other's opinions into another lesson of differing biblical interpretation. THIS is why I say "That's what the Bible Research forum is for". Because I personally tire of seeing you, bjc2012, mds, and logical try to cram your beliefs down other people's throats. Others state opinions, you state "truth" as absolute and uncompromising as the GB of JWs do.

You REALLY need to get a website for yourselves. At least that way you can go around and encourage people to drop by and check it out.

But then again, I guess it's all you can do to stay on a forum like this, using the ability to speak freely to your advantage. Perhaps, just like the GB, you can only hoodwink people into believing your message. Then again, I guess that isn't your fault either. Looks like you just fell for it.

Edited by - ianao on 27 February 2001 14:6:10

• Jr
    Jr

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

JR

• Jr
    Jr

Is that more to your liking???

• mommy
    mommy

Jr,
    ROFLOL you do have a sense of humour I knew it! Why don't you show that side more?
    wendy

• Jr
    Jr

I'll try.

• ianao
    ianao
    I'll try.

That's the spirit!

• spectromize
    spectromize

Some have brought out a good point concerning posting in the proper forums, I apoligize for posting in the wrong place and will refer Bible subjects in the proper forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit