The writing is on the wall the pale horse is here.

by spectromize 27 Replies latest jw friends

• thinker
    thinker

Spec,
    History is full of "times of trouble". Do you know how many people in history have been called the anti-christ? I believe it's only human nature to think we're "special" and living in a "special" period of time.
    thinker

• Kismet
    Kismet

My oh my for a second there I thought I was at H20. Since when did it become actionable here (or wrong) to put down one's thoughts and observations, scriptural or otherwise.

I think a lot of these mini attacks on Spect are totally un-warranted and somewhat petty.

Who are we to belittle a person's impression and beliefs?

I guess judgmental attitudes are not exclusive to active JW's.

Kismet

• ianao
    ianao
    I have to give it to you. You know how to get a spiritual discussion started. Rarely, do we see such indebt spiritual interest here.

That's what the Bible Research forum is for.

• Jr
    Jr

Hi again,

When you look at the news headlines concerning the many out of control pestilences, I can't help but think of the scripture in Revelation chapter 6 verse 8, what do you all think about this subject?

Revelation 6:8, "I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."

Yes that Great War mentioned by Daniel at Dan 10,11 will be great. The things mentioned in Revelation chapter 6 are things that naturally follow war. (pestilence,death,famine,etc) This war will prove to be the most devastating war of all time. And after this war, "those standing on the earth will say, "who can do battle with the beast". (Rev 13:3-5) That is when Babylon the Great will begin to consider mounting the beast. (Rev 13:7-9,17:6-8)
    And why, you might ask? Well, the WT will finally see that all her prophecies have gone unfulfilled and the pressure is building. Everyone will finally leave her if she doesn't do something. She will try to become a mainstream religion. It will appear that this is the only way to survive. She won't be able to go it alone. So, she will mount the beast and join all other religions in worshipping the beast. But, then Jehovah will have the beast turn on her because she carrys "HIS" name.
    There will be a call by Jehovah, "Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;" (Rev 18:4) This call will be given before her destruction comes. NOTE: "Come out of her MY people." Yes, this is talking about where God's people reside, "Spiritual Jerusalem".

JR

Edited by - Jr on 27 February 2001 10:16:16

• TR
    TR

Nothing wrong with Spec posting his thought. Nor is there anything wrong with LDH posting her thought.

TR

• TR
    TR

RHW,

LOL! I think I love you, you dirt bike butt kickin' woman you!

TR

• LDH
    LDH

Really, guys. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH pretty much sums it up. That's what I think of the TOPIC, not of Spect.

• Jr
    Jr

Spiritual discussion is not limited to the research board. No one ever told me these threads were for foolishes only.
    JR

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Spec,

When you look at the news headlines concerning the many out of control pestilences, I can't help but think of the scripture in Revelation chapter 6 verse 8, what do you all think about this subject?

From some of the answers, here and on other threads, I thought that you had posted something outlandish. In fact, something of this type came up in our family last week. My 80 yr old mother-in-law's brother died of cancer (he was 84). Her other brother had coincidentally died at 76 last week of a heart attack. Her other sister is in hospital from a stroke and is 92. Her other sister is 85 and doing well.

When I visited her, she brought out the point that a KH brother had come over and said that people seemed to be dying at an un-naturally young age - particularily from cancer. His deduction was that the over use of pesticides had much to do with it.

I looked at her and asked: "Don't you think that the fact that everyone who has died recently in your family at the ripe ages between 75 - 85 has something to do with it? Considering the age span at the turn of the century was about 35, don't you think awesome good has been accomplished also?"

She softly laughed and agreed. Even if you research the usa turn-of-the century history, people died at an appalling rate, particularily immigrants. I would think that Canadian life span was about the same.

For all the bad - there does seem to be a corresponding good. I am 50 - a very ripe age at the turn of the century. Now - why, I have to worry about remaining healthy so I can be an active 80 year old, and having enough money to garden.

Jehovah's Witnesses have always, always, been delighted with calamity, particularily when it touched other people.

Nice talking with you, Spec.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Hey kiddies,

I, along with a couple of others, have frequented this forum the longest. The only person who ever insisted on the proper use of proper forums was Friend. Anyone who dared to enter the Bible Research forum was his next debate, whether they wanted to or not. Trust me, I know.

For months, no one entered the Bible Reseach forum because of him. Thus, everything just plopped into the Main Forum.

No one, except Friend, ever insisted on proper forum decor. Not Coffee House Style, you know. Hard to share a cup of coffee and chat when we insist others "go to their room."

I personally don't think Simon visioned those rigid rules.

old waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit