Well Finally!

by Sprocket 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sprocket
    Sprocket

I just got this link passed on to me. Unbelievable....I have been looking for some support and validation of my assumptions for a while. There certainly is a lot to contemplate here.

My story is too long to tell in the amount of time of have before my flight. However, I was an elder, I had enough of the biased and hyporcritical elders meeting; lack of genuine concern for the flock (we better call on so-and-so since its time for the circuit overseer's visit); neopotism; inconsistencies (you can't visit your disfellowshipped father, meanwhile, the elder in the adjoining congregation associates regularly); and fundamental questions that you are asked to not think about, since there are some things "hard to understand".

II was an elder for a number of years. Always criticised for my travel or hours of work...even though I got >10 hours/mth, fulfilled all of my assignments (switching of if travel could not be avoided), took a bookstudy group and weekend service meetings. I was a very good speaker, which lead to more talks internal to the congregation and requests externally from other Kingdom Halls. You do all of this, but you are critized for being "too worldly". TI have not exaggerated one bit.

I left almost 4 years ago. And I can honestly say, I feel more liberated than any time when I was a Witness. I actually can say that I finally have a clean conscious. Before, I was made to feel guilty based on a 'materialistic, or worldly' lifestyle. God, this was furthest from the truth. I have a son in Bethel, a daughter pioneering, and another daughter just finishing college. Yet, since the day I dissassociated and left my wife (hers'is another story of hyposcrasy), not one of them has seen me, called me, or has chosen to have any contact with me. EXCEPT, they have no problem getting >$5K of support off me per month. Yes! That type of contact is fine by them....but doesn't that make them 'materialistic'?

I have sent letters to all of them. Only once my son responded saying, unless I was prepared to come back to the truth, "we have nothing in common" and he does not want to see me...that's loving.

I found my pioneer daughter is getting maried in the fall of this year through my family members (not in the Truth) and they were asked not to tell me. She is marrying a bethelite.

When I left, my Christian wife used my credit cards to run up bills, of which I still suffer from a negative credit rating today. She issued an affidavit that has since been proven false in court documents that I possess. I asked you, why does she do these things and get away without any implications whatsoever? This is truth? This is justice?

Today, I have founded and I am President of a global software company. I am having more fun than I ever had. And I do not suffer from guilt or shame. It is this peace of mind that they shelter from their members. They paint a picture that is completely opposite than reality.

Maybe more another day....I must run now.

Thanks for listening.

Sprocket

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Allow me to be the first to welcome you to the Board.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Sprocket, welcome to the forum. I enjoyed reading your story.

You said that "They paint a picture that is completely opposite than reality."

I guess that why they constantly have to remind the publishers that "Jehovahs Witnesses Are The Happiest People in the World." I guess they figure if they say it enought it'll be true.

• pandora
    pandora

Welcome to the board Sprocket.
    That divorce sounded ugly. It is just awful what she got away with. It sounds like you are in a much better place now. Congratulations.

Many here will understand your loss of family, though. It is something many of us live with a daily basis. So, here you will find people to talk to about this.

Again, Welcome. I can't wait to hear more from you.
    -P(J)

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi sprocket,

good thing your daughter is marrying a bethelite!...... now she will get a taste of reality!

she won't be heard, when she complains......either.
    i hope it helps her wake-up!

my condolences, that they all treat you like !@#$.
    they can't help it...... the gov body has control of their hearts.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Welcome.

SPAZ

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Sprocket, nice to see you, hoping to chat soon!

They've been digging in the Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and an older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer of fused green glass.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Welcome, Sprocket. You will find your experiences are not unique (but you probably already knew that).

See you online!

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out: http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Welcome to the Living!!!
    Sorry about your family.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Xena
    Xena

Hello Sprocket,

Feel free to vent...you are in good company

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit