My Honor Student

by TR 22 Replies latest social family

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Valis - thanks for the reminder about fastweb. We have been subscribing for a couple of years to a free scholarship service. Our daughter that is doing what TR's daughter is doing received the second to the highest dollar amount of scholarships in her class. Our older daughter also received scholarships that will pay for two years tuition and fees. The top dollars this year went to a football player with a high grade point average. Can't imagine what these kids would be going through if they were still in Dubdumb. I really want the JWs to know that kids do not become raunchy, immoral people when the leave the Borg. TR's daughter sounds like a really wonderful person who makes wise choices. And of course, I think my kids are pretty cool too. Thanks for the well wishes and thoughts.

Mrs R

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

openminded - finally took the time to read your post. Aren't kids amazing? Loved what you wrote. It is so true. And what is even more amazing, something the kids don't understand, it that parents feel the joy and feel their pain.

• Jewel
    Jewel

Congrats, TR, and family-

Few things can make you feel better than seeing one of your kids achieve a personal triumph!

Jewel

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

openminded, your post on the nature of children was true and lovely. May I have it for my prayerbook? And I know a minister who would love it for the next child-blessing service.

GentlyFeral

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

That is so cool TR congrats to you and yours.

I can't even stomach the thought of wishing I could go back in time and graduate when I was suppose to. Much less with honors!

• openminded
    openminded

GF yes use it. om

• larc
    larc

Congratulations to the honor students. Nothing like good genetics and a little encouragement to create beautiful, talented young adults.

Openminded, you should send that essay to a magazine for publication. Reader's Digest loves essays like that, and they will pay you a couple of hundred dollars to publish it. Very inspirational writing.

• openminded
    openminded

Larc - thank you. My writing teacher said the same thing about this short essay (I wrote it as a creative writing assignment) ...maybe Ill look into it. om

• TR
    TR

Thanks again, you people are cool.

Openminded,

That essay truly embodies the people called "teenagers". Very good!

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!JOB WELL DONE, BOTH OF YOU!

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit