JWs at my door....return visit tomorrow

by mpatrick 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

In the early 90's, when I was a regular pioneer, another pioneer invited me along on a call she had with a young minister, from the Lutheran church. He was really sharp!! He asked if we could get him copies of some WT articles, and gave us a list of specific magazines and page numbers, and paragraphs too. We agreed, thinking he was really interested. When I went home and looked them up, I was shocked by what it was. There in front of my face, were all the stupid 'adjustments' they had made in their teachings about 1914. I showed it all to my elder husband (who was doing his own private research, and to another elder I respected, who was ALSO researching) and they both told me to read the articles and make my own decisions. When we went back to see the minister, we told him we couldn't find the articles, but we did have several more good discussions, but eventually stopped going, because we were too much in denial. I think about looking him up and telling him he started my exit process. By the way, my husband and the other elder I mentioned are both EX JW's now.

Just a thought.........you might try the same with your ladies.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

OR......

You could tell them you have a friend who is very interested in talking to them and send them over my way. Hohoho!

All along the Watchtower...
    told a pack of lies!

• simplesally
    simplesally

You could tell them you heard that military men have to get out of the military before they are baptized. Ask them how come? Then after they explain, ask them how come Cornelius, the first Gentile to be baptized was not asked to resign his military post!!

The scriptures show that Cornelius had God's holy spirit upon him and his family before he was even baptized! If Jehovah didn't approve of his employment, then don't you think Jehovah would have chosen another laborer or window-washer?

• blondie
    blondie

What were those articles, Mulan?

• comforter
    comforter

Ask them for a Bible study.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

One there is a chance they may not return and in that case you don't have to worry about it. But if they do return, I would ask them if they had an opportunity to see Dateline of May 28th and then go on from that point. I see no good coming from you telling them you were once a JW, they will be convinced you are an apostate. So stay cool, play the role and if they going to believe the charges against some JWs then thats a different ball game. But on the other hand they may say we don't believe the allegations against the JWs and just walk away. See what happens. Good Luck!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit