JWs at my door....return visit tomorrow

by mpatrick 15 Replies latest jw friends

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I just had two nice JW women knock on my door...I invited them in and listened to their brief presentation and accepted the Watchtower and Awake. They couldn't stay(had a Bible study they had to go on)so they said they will be back tomorrow...I am playing the naive daughter of JW parents of whom I have had debates with in regards to JW doctrines...That way I don't seem to be totally oblivious to their teachings, yet not an "evil apostate"!

I was taken off guard, so I am glad they are coming back....any suggestions on how to approach these two women without blowing my cover? Or am I just wasting my time?

P.S. I haven't read a Watchtower and Awake in over 7 years....they haven't changed much! They left me OLD May issues 15, 22....don't they know it is June already?

• Francois
    Francois

That depends on what you want to accomplish by having them come back. Do you want to debate their "theology"?
    Do you want to have a free "bible" study?
    Do you want to ask about pedophilia?
    What?

What IS your reason for having them back?

Francois

• JT
    JT

you are a BAD GIRL

i love it

have them address the darte line show

try this.

1. According to the wt a KNOWN PEDOPHILE can go door to door as long as he is accompanied by another jw (suppose to be an elder)

ask them does the folks in the territory have a RIGHT TO KNOW THAT a Known pedophile is at thier door

2. why does it matter that he is only allowed to be with someone- don't you jw write down folks address on a little pc of paper,

suppose he asked the little girl at the door who just said my folks are not home- well what time will your folks be home and the little girls says later on today

suppost he just decided to write now the address of the house he just left and in 2hours he returns knowing that the little girls folks ain't home

do you think that should be able to happen, mention Magan law to them.

3,. BUT most important of all ask them what qualifications do the church leaders have that makes them qualified to investigate a crime such as child abuse , since they are not the police , social workers are rape couselors

do they have special college training in human behavoior so that they can identify signs and so forth in victims..

4. Is it true that if a jw man MOVED from NY to here in this town and he had a problem with this issue IN THE PAST YEAR OR TWO-

would YOU BE TOLD THAT THIS MAN WAS A PEDOPHILE BY YOUR LEADERS?

WHATEVER you do ask them lots of THINKING QUESTIONS

HAVE FUN

• proplog2
    proplog2

Quit playing games. If you don't want to be a Jehovah's Witness quit waisting their time. If you think you are going to alter their thinking good luck.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have to disagree with proplog2. If you are up to it... waste as much of their time as possible. In fact, use a bit of strategy so that they are forced to waist time without you being present - do this by asking questions that require lots and lots of research.

Think of it as your own "Theocratic War Strategy"... I do.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• City Fan
    City Fan

I'd be honest with them.

It might be a bit late to be honest with these two but next time anyone calls tell them you used to go but you no longer believe it. I say this and always get a surprised reaction. Somehow JW's always think that people who've left still believe it but just can't live with the rules imposed.
    If they ask why you now don't believe then you can give them a few ideas to make them think.

Anyway I used to bullshit enough as a JW so I try not to now.

• SYN
    SYN

There's a 90% chance that you're going to run into the giant wall that prevents rational thought for most Dubs. But, on the other hand, you might get them thinking. On the third hand, you might just be able to let them see what life is really like for people outside the BORG...getting them thinking is probably the best thing you can do.

They've been digging in the Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and an older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer of fused green glass.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

aske them about the lineage of the "slave class"
    i suggest going to difellowshipped.com for questions you
    could ask them. JW's love answering one sided questions about
    the slave class..

"the reason i never became bastised was that i never understood
    who was in charge of writing the articles"

oh a slave class?

but how long has this class existed?

• Matty
    Matty

Don't automatically assume that a Jehovah's Witness at the door will always resolutely refute anything that is anti-Watchtower, this just may be an opportunity for you to get some stuff off your chest. I doubt if you will make them run away if you throw some difficult questions at them, but it’s probably not a good idea to press them too heavily on the UN or paedophilia straight away!

I often wonder how many witnesses are just like me, still active but biding their time for the right moment to off and leave? One of them might be just like that, or just at the doubting stage – you might be able to tell in their body language when you ask the questions. It’s difficult though when there are two people, because one will try and impress the other in their teaching; phoniness breeds phoniness.

There is always one that talks more than the other - if you address the one that doesn’t talk so much more than the other this might throw them out a bit!

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I made it clear that I have debated my JW mother on many issues and so I wasn't in the dark about their teachings and the NWT. So, to debate them on doctrines isn't really of interest to me...and I will probably make that clear right away.

I am thinking of addressing the pedophile issue for the sole reason that when they were here my three little ones (ages 5,3&2) were climbing all over them. My children are very affectionate and one of the women even commented on how friendly they were. I think mentioning that fact and saying that after watching the Dateline show, I realize just how serious the issue of pedophiles being allowed to go door-to-door truly is, and that I don't think people should have to fear that their children were in the presense of a pedophile in their own homes.

I do like the idea of wasting their time....but I think I could do that with a nice cold drink of water and casual conversation. I remember loving PKT(pioneer kill time)...they would probably like that more than pounding the payment all day in this hot weather...and I could handle a little friendly conversation with ADULTS after being with little ones all day!

Afterall, I like the JWs, I don't like their leaders, most JWs are not at all like their leaders!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit