New Report Indicates Lesser Audience For DATELINE

by AngryXJW 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

This Weekly Report seems to indicate that Dateline did not receive as large an audience as what was indicated by the previously posted reported numbers.

Explanation???

. http://tv.zap2it.com/news/ratings/networks/020602network.html

Top 20 Network Primetime Report

DATELINE TU - 5/28(S)
    NBC
    Tue 8:00PM
    Rating: 6.6
    Share: 12.0
    Audience: 6,970,000
    Viewers: 8,923,000

• blondie
    blondie

Why not contact the people who made the report? I would think they would have the best information.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks for the post Mad Apostate but please give me a break on the "explanation" crap. You make it sound like the roof caved in.

Neilson obvisously revised their numbers.

This is interesting information. I was waiting for today to see what the weekly ratings would reveal compared to the overnight ones.

One night after the televised story, Dateline scores a 9.2 and then a week later it is revised to a 6.6 rating.

However, it finished 14th for the week (ie. a top 20 finish!!!) and still had a huge audience watching it of over 7-8 million.

There is no way you can complain about the exposure you guys got - especially seeing this is such a tiny little group compared to the Catholics.

hawk

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I ran into a whole boatload of JWs who were fresh out of their assembly at a Mexican restaurant last Saturday. (You just can't get away from them, can you. ) I didn't reveal I was an ex and I talked to them while I waiting to be seated, and none of them had seen the Dateline show, but they mentioned they had talked to others in their congregations who had. All of them had heard about it. It apparently was a big topic of conversation among them. They listened to my synopsis of the show, and I ended it by saying "Child molesting is a problem that is in all churches. *They nodded and were happy to hear me say this* And then I calmly said, "Don't be afraid to write your leaders to tell them to change their policy. Also, I don't appreciate you allowing child molesters to come to my door. Please stop that." They looked at me speechless with that blank look only a JW zombie can.

The important thing is that almost every rank and file JW will hear about the Dateline show even if they didn't see it. That will induce curiosity for them seek out the show on the net or find out more information about it.

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

Hawkaw:

You can drag the "be thankful for what you got" (which I am) "carp/crap" across the "trail" all you want , but that still does not explain my genuine request for an explanation as to why the previous numbers were so drastically reduced.

A million people here, a million people there, and at some point there is a notable difference in how much publicity was received.

IF (I've yet to find any scheduling) MSNBC does in fact show one or more reruns this weekend, such will help greatly, but if NBC stays with SOP, they will probably run during Sat Field Service or Sunday Meeting/FS times.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well Mad Apostate,

Why don't you phone up AC Neilson and ask them. Are you that lazy that you have to ask a bunch of people here to do it for you? Or are you trying to hint at something else?

AC Neilson is the "genuine" people who did the polling and they can answer your questions and then you can post it here. Do I have to dial the phone for you?

hawk

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Hawkaw,

One of the side-effects of a jumping bad case of mad cow disease is that it induces an inability to get off your lazy arse and use the telly to find out info for yourself. Rather, sufferers of this buffoonic disease are reduced to mere whining and temper tantrums.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Mega-----liked the lashing you gave the dubs....I think they got the point.

1. That they have problems like any other religion.

2. They have no balls to stand up for what's right, because they are ingrained to think the JWs are invincible.

ashi

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

MY, MY:

Doesn't take much to raise some peoples' blood pressures around here!!!

Considering the DRASTIC DIFFERENCE in the "latest numbers" compared with the "old numbers", it is only reasonable to question such. For all I knew, one set of numbers or the other could have been wrong. Since tv ratings are not something I'm familiar with, for all I know, the latest numbers may be inaccurate, and the first numbers accurate.

Regardless, I see you now add "ad-hominem" to your plate of "red carps". Methinks YOU are the one who is "upset" with the numbers.

AS TYPICAL AROUND HERE, someone needs to comtemplate Proverbs 20:23. Every word from the WTS is parsed for all its worth, BUT let something even "appear" negative to "the cause", and old Hawkaw turns into a "J.R. Brown".

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

I don't know why the ratings dropped, but the fact remains that more people saw the show than are JW's in the world..

Last report I saw was that there were just over 6 Million JW's world wide..

Looks like 7-8 Million people saw the show...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit