Should I even bother telling someone what I think of their parenting . . . .any advice?

by skeeter1 12 Replies latest social family

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I don't think they let the child actually drink, they ordered 'virgin versions' of the adult drinks.   But, when the waiter brang the real drink, everyone chuckled alot.   And, when the waiter said, "Oh, I thought you were over 21", then everyone chuckled even more.  And, the girl kept talking about how cool it was that someone brought her a real drink, thinks she's older, etc.    You know how waiters work, all compliments and 'very good choice sir' type of brown-nosing.  

Then adults did drive over 100 miles an hour through parts of South Florida back roads to get to the Keys, and they took the girl into Key West bars.  Last year, the mom said that they didn't need to wear seatbelt because they were in an expensive car.   (that's how stupid she is . . .so I reminded her of Lady Diana and that any object not strapped in in any car will go flying forward when it stops.)  

Good point, the only fun the girl gets to have anymore is to "go out" with her mom and her friends.

Just sad.  Yep, we are distancing ourselves.

• Scully
    Scully
    Even modelling that behaviour - the mom getting drunk routinely, dangerous driving, having 'virgin' versions of cocktails so she develops a taste for them before being 'legal' - this is certainly irresponsible of the mom. Kids need healthy boundaries, and she is being taught that boundaries are for other people, boundaries don't apply to her.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Don't go there, it will just make her mad and then it will be super awkward whenever you see her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit