Dubs don`t like to Tip

by OUTLAW 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

2% of $2000 is still a good chunk of change :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Simon,anywhere from 10%-20%,depending on what you can afford and service quality.10% is an acceptable minimum...OUTLAW

• mindfield
    mindfield

I beg to differ. My parents are good tippers. Maybe you know some dubs who don't tip much, but that's not exactly a centralized problem. At least I don't think so.

My 2 cents.

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

I don't think most people realize it, but around where I live waiters/waitresses don't even make minimum wage. These people count on tips to make their living. Our daughter makes a couple of bucks an hour and rest is made up in tips. These girls have learned to read their customers and can almost tell you verbatim which ones will be a cheap (and a pain to boot). Fifteen percent is considered the minimum to leave.

When JW's come into the restaurant, our daughter will have the hostess sit them in another section or have another waitress tend them. Too bad she can't do that with the Sunday crowd which tends to dominate restaurants on Sunday afternoon.

• Twisted
    Twisted

I always tip when I eat out. I haven't ever not tipped a waiter/waitress. I waited tables for about 4 years. I worked at a TGI Friday's in Sioux Falls, SD for a little while. Those waiters/waitresses make about 2.25/hour + tips. They can't survive w/o tips, it isn't even worth their time waiting on a person that doesn't tip. They also hated the JW's that came in, because they would always complain and try to get their food for free and never tipped.

Luv ya lotz!

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks for the tipping tips, lol.

It's also knowing where to leave it I guess - it's handy when they have a space on the bill for the gratuity (as long as it gets to them).

I always try to remember that the tip is for the service so leave a good tip if the meal was lousy but the service was great and vice versa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit