Special Assembly Day "Wisdom"

by deludednomore 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

How could you all have forgotten these evil organizations?

Greenpeace

Amnesty International

Farm Aid

Boys and Girls Clubs of America

Rotary International

Lions Club

Kiwanees

World Wildlife Federation

• joelbear
    joelbear

I always recall a 60 minutes episode I saw once many years ago about this old Catholic nun who lived in the city of garbage outside of Cairo Egypt. Her whole life was dedicated to helping these incredibly deprived people make their retched lives just a tiny bit better. I asked a friend of mine who was an elder how in the world she could be considered evil or deserving of destruction. His answer was that she was guilty by association with the Catholic Church and would befall the same fate.

hugs to all

Joel

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Joelbear,

Saw your swimming picture over at H20 - cute suit!

I tried to stay away from individuals - as jw's tend to jump all over them. I don't know if you were talking about Mother Teresa or another nun, but some are totally selfless individuals.

When I was an active jw, I spouted the same sayings. Because Mother Teresa was a Catholic - it didn't matter that she gave her whole life helping poor people. Jehovah would kill her at Armageddon because she was a Catholic. She would have no resurrection. But then, we always added an escape clause - "Of course, we don't judge people. Only Jehovah makes that decision."

Nice to meet you.

waiting

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

How fortuitous (you notice I didn't say lucky ) for Mother Teresa. Since she has died before Armageddon, she WILL be resurrected and will get a chance to learn the "truth". Perhaps Fredhall would be willing to teach her?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hi, deludednomore, welcome to this house with a good old "G'day".

It seems that this seige mentality permeates every meeting we go to. The opening section of most Public Talks are filled with how bad the world is, what my family call "the doom and gloom bit". It's used to draw us closer and more dependent to the org. If we weren't, we wouldn't go, presumably.

On the point of helping all in the world, James 1:27 counsels to care for widows and orphans in their tribulation. What are the elders advised to do about this? Make sure that the needy ones know how to get all the government benefits to which they are entitled. Pretty neat, eh?

Cheers,
    Ozzie (of the free at last class)

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Wendy,

I do like the way you gave your comment.

If you allow me I would like to add:

"This magazine will never shrink in fear from
    championing the truth!-Isaiah 43:9,10"

and

"The Watchtower and Awake ! : Champions of
    truth" (w87 3/1 p.13,14)

so when we speak the truth, we fear nothing
    and noone.

Greetings,

J.G.MacHislopp

• unanswered
    unanswered

my mother-in law keeps sending my wife and i the magazines, so i get lots of little gems like this. aren't we lucky?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit