Jubilee Celebrations Forbidden To Witness Kids.

by Englishman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yeah but...

All dubs will have enjoyed the extra 2 days off work.

They will have also enjoyed watching the processions on the telly.

..And they'll be stood in their back gardens watching the fireworks too.

Plus enjoying the extended opening times in the pubs.

They just won't allow themselves to be seen as actually partaking, they will just be watchers. Quite voyeuristic I suppose..!

Englishman.

• City Fan
    City Fan

I know of a very well known, long standing elder who took his wife to the weekend classical concert at Buckingham Palace as part of the Jubilee Celebrations.

This same elder was always making up his own rules and regulations. He used to measure the width of the brothers trousers in the 70's to be sure no one was wearing flares. He concreted the football field at the back of the hall to stop us playing football. He banned beards. He banned most forms of music.

If the witnesses aren't allowed to celebrate the Jubilee then he's more of a two-faced tosser than I thought he was.

• happy man
    happy man

well, when i see all of you talking about JW time, its look like a prison, it wasnt for mee,why was you so afraid, never hird of more scary peopel, i was evry week on soccer, for exampel one time widh our CO.
    I now some have the same uppinon as you here, but they cant kill you, and I was elder as very youg man ,i think under 30.
    ofcours my dad was boss in the con,hmmmmm.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

"Now we all know that it is a conscience matter whether JWs attend these type of events....BUT, if you have a "good" conscience you wouldn't even think about going!....Isn't that pretty much how it works???"

Yup.. That's the same 'conscience matter' if you decide to take blood or not.. It's always your conscience, your decision.. The unmentioned part of that is that if you decision is at odds with what we believe your conscience should do, there will be "hell" to pay :-) (See, even the JW's do believe in hell, they just don't formalize it that way)...

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Oh well, maybe it's just me talking from a Yank's point of view, but I guess the only thing the kiddies would really from the festivites was the fireworks and the 3-hour rock concert...."Kids just wanna rock."
    The dustrabbit

To do list:
    1.Still waiting to goose the Organization.

• Grunt
    Grunt

Back before I ever went in, when I was just being nice to them for my parent's sake, the pioneers (young girls from Iowa and Miami) serving where the need was great in backwoods Alabama, used to love to hang around my house. I think it was because my wife didn't work back then, was always sweet to everyone and would always have a lot of great leftovers to share with anyone who wanted any. Sweet as my wife was (and is) the girls would get on her nerves sometimes, they had the nerve to tell her she shouldn't celebrate our kids birthdays but then would sit down and eat all the leftover cake! They wouldn't give Christmas presents but would accept them while acting reluctant. They lived with my cousin and his wife, and then when they stopped attending, they shunned them. If these people ever remember how they behaved, I hope they cringe.
    Happy Man, you have the strength of your own convictions and they will get you hanged in the narrow minded world in which you have chosen to live. Maybe that is why you visit with us. I'm glad you are here for whatever reason, I enjoy your posts and your sense of humor. Be careful about giving out too much information though, an apostate would never rat you out, but one of the Other Sheep will in a heart beat. I saw poor old Gred Stafford hounded off the board by another Witness poster who was threatening him with exposure.

• Valis
    Valis

Eman, that reminded me of 4th of July and New Years...grrrrr...I grew up in a fairly Hispanic neighborhood and those two times of the year fireworks flowed like manna from heaven...except for dubbies...well I was sneaky/stubborn/smarter than that! I always managed to wrangle a bag of incindiary devices from my friends one way of another. hehe...kind of like my family always making a turkey on or around Thanksgiving...what a crock!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hey, there is very little you can do as a matter of conscience, watching the telly is about it. If your kid was seen waving a Union Jack or singing "God Save The Queen", (standard procedure at any local event), then you would be in for some very heavy counselling ,at least.

After all she is head of the Church of England, Princess of Bab the Great, Satan's chief henchmen etc etc!!

Incidentally the rock concert was pretty good ,except for that tosser Cliff Richard., and E/MAN, I like the three lions symbol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit