Jubilee Celebrations Forbidden To Witness Kids.

by Englishman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Today, Tuesday, is the fourth day of celebrating Queen Elizabeth 2nds Golden Jubilee in the UK. Whether you’re a royalist or not doesn’t really matter, the Queen is, especially to the English, a part of our heritage. It’s history being made in glorious technicolour.

So, there’s lot’s of celebrating been goin’ on over the last 4 days. Street parties, firework displays, march-passes, fly-passes, pub lock-ins, flags and bunting everywhere, all in all a thoroughly enjoyable spectacle. Unless you’re a JW kid…….

My pal Ray, the chappy who is married to Sausage Lucy, she of the false accusations, is a well known man who tends to meet all the “right” people, the people who always have a spare ticket to a cup match or horse Derby.

Ray had accumulated a number of tickets to special Jubilee events, and had decided to present these tickets to his grand-children. What Ray hadn’t accounted for was the fact that his grand-children have parents who had quite different idea’s as to what was and was not acceptable entertainment for their kids.

That’s right, his grand-children have been brought up as witnesses, and, as such, are forbidden to attend any of the Jubilee festivities. Word has already gone out in the UK that there is only 1 Ruler that JW’s acknowledge, and that ain’t Queen Lizzie, so as a consequence no JW kids can take the tiniest part in attending or celebrating any of the recent events.

Isn’t great being a witness kid?

Englishman.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Sorry, this is from earlier today in The Mall.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Eman,

Remember the street parties for the Coronation in 1953? Streets were decorated and all the neighbours came together for a party. All except the Witness kids of course. Witness kids were forbidden from sharing with the neighbours.

They still got their souvenir book though. Remember it? Purple coloured cover.

Witness kids felt under seige in the street. Hid in their homes.

All those years ago, we can wonder what it was all for.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• happy man
    happy man

hello man, i think i must hang on too you, when you came widh this ovreaktions on smal things, i have growing upp as a JW, and i never hird this you told, ofcourse we have always this millimeter man in the cong , who whant to decide evrything, and now exatly what is bad or good, but i dont care abaout them, i was on diffren celebrations here in sweden.
    you have your one will, and nowan can forcing you to do or dont do things like this,its upp to pesonal things, who we not can decide for our brothers, as I told some who dissagree.
    I never suffer as a Jw kid,it was almost littel exating to be diffrent.
    Perhaps this craps we now here is herting my hart, and i think
    im not alone
    As our PO say inn a meteing few weeks ago,bevare of internet, some who loking inn there hve benn apostates.
    i think i must ask him , WHY?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

My, happy man, you do 'sound' Swedish!!

• happy man
    happy man

I am,I think you understand it when you read my war widh Englishman on soccer.
    whow is it Austrailia, faaaaaaar from Sweden.
    her is it a beutiful summer 25 DIgrees warm and so very green

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

25 degrees? Celsius or Fahrenheit?

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Every Australia Day the local radio station does a massive fireworks show over the river. It's spectacular and 300,000 or more people go. Of course, it's both a Nationalistic and a Birthday celebration (anniversary of the first white invader in Sydney) so JW mustn't go, though a few may peek from the top of a hill far, far away, but can't go and join the heaving mass of the pagan/worldly/Devil inspred down by th waters edge!!

And I've often wondered why Her Britanic Majesty QEII is also know as Queen Elizabeth *II* of Australia. Since the post of King/Queen of Oz was only seperated from the UK job by the Australia Act of 1984, who was Queen Elizabeth [I] of OZ? Cate Blanchet perhaps?

Cheers

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Now we all know that it is a conscience matter whether JWs attend these type of events....BUT, if you have a "good" conscience you wouldn't even think about going!....Isn't that pretty much how it works???

• Mutz
    Mutz

My sisters oldest was kept away from school on friday because they were celebrating the Jubilee. Though it didn't seem to bother my sister when she tried to get tickets for the Jubilee Concert or stop my mum from being glued to the tv while the celebrations are aired. It's all ok, just as long as the elders don't find out I guess. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit