Shame on you and NBC/dateline - II

by beroea 12 Replies latest jw friends

• beroea
    beroea

Sorry if some didn’t get the point. It was a “black talk” as we say. It wasn’t to be funny about the “children molested”, but a way to open up the JW mind and take a look at what’s inside. Try to read it one more time.

So if you just read the written words or took is as a joke you don’t get the message behind. I really do think that the post illustrate the normal JW reaction we see and the argumentation inside the brain of a long time loyal JW. Most JW can’t see the problem because of a mental blindness. Every time something really wrong is on air about the JW they simply are unable to see and consider the matters. Everything is about don’t ask, don’t talk and don’t even think something are wrong about the “wonderful” organisation.

Sorry if some thought is was either my opinion or a joke about this serious matter. I was trying to explain the typical JW kind of thinking. Sometimes you have to read between the lines to get the message. Not to be funny but to really see what’s behind.

Beroea
    A voice of Europe

• Dawn
    Dawn

I think it is quite interesting also that they keep saying we'll "Wait on Jehovah" and "Jehovah will take care of it" - seems to me he's been trying to and they're not listening.

Maybe the Dateline was a "hello - anyone home - I'm talking to YOU!!!" message - I belive he did the same with the Catholic Church.

They're all talking about waiting on God but noone is really looking for his response!!

Just a side note - I don't think he ever expected us to sit around waiting for him to say "ok - let's fix what's wrong" - we're supposed to do that on our own. I mean, come on!! Do we need God to step in every time and say "come on boys and girls let's do what we know we're supposed to!!"

• mustang
    mustang

This is like the old story of the man who gets caught in a flood:

He notices the heavy rain and does nothing. The water comes up to his doorstep. Someone comes by in a boat asks him to leave. And still he stays in his house.

The water gets to the eaves and he is on the roof; a boat comes by and the occupant asks he him to leave. He shouts, ‘I am waiting for God; you go ahead’.

A helicopter comes by and lowers a rope ladder. Again he shouts, ‘I am waiting for God; you go ahead’.

The water greatly increases and washes the house away, drowning the man. He comes into heaven and meets God.

God asks him, “Why did you not heed warnings and leave?”

The man replies to God, “I was waiting for you.’

God replies, “What was wrong with the two boats and the helicopter I sent?”

Mustang

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

It was all in your presentation. Everyone expresses their views and opinions differently, some are very clear and some are blurry.

Guest 77

• JT
    JT

Dawn says:

I belive he did the same with the Catholic Church.
    #################

why do you feel this way, i mean every single religion that has a blackeye in terms of dogma and issues that they have failed to address could use that same line.

God is giving us a walk up call that is why he is bring out our dirty laundry in public.

why can't it be that these religion never had god's backing to start with, more like Front companies that got caught with no real good product

Enron is a good example of religion, most start out with good intentions but over the years they see just how gullible the public is
    so they start to take advantage of folks greed/desire to worship a god

and like Enron they produce some bogus documents get claim Authur Andersen/God says it's good to go and then sell it to the public
    and thr public buys it.

most religions are quick to invoke god is giving us a wakeup call when their religion gets caught with thier hand in the cookie jaw

jim baker did it, , jimmy swaggart did it and the list, even Jesse Jackson tried to pull that card out of the hat

no it ain't no wake up call, jw started out following a dude called russell who wanted to be a mouthpc of god, the catholic spent years perfecting how to kill folks who didn't want to buy thier brand of religion, and the list goes on and on.

all religions share a common thread for the most part

if you don't accept my explaination of serving the divine, my divine one will KILL YOU

you just gotta love religion,
    at least rutherford was right about one thing

religion is indeed a snare and a racket

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Hi Mustang,

Excellent post! Well said!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Great post JT....the analogy was right on.

• Room 215
    Room 215

``Wait on Jehovah".... nothing more than a convenient way to rationalize doing nothing, and turn inaction into a virtue.

Yet the braindead JWs, who praise the ``spiritual men like Jehu, Jonabab, Gideon, Samuel and others who acted decisively in support of True Worship'' contine to chant the ``wait on Jehovah mantra'' mindlessly, unable to cite a single example as evidence of its having paid off.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

beroea

"Sorry if some didn’t get the point."

beroea I got your post as soon as I started reading it. I just didn't find it very funny.
    Dungbeetle is right I and others here don't know you and are not familure with your style. I can't say that I wouldn't have been just as offended though if I had been more familure with your style.

I'm sure your intentions were good but maybe your point would have been better served at a JW site.
    plum

.........................It's the silence between the notes, that make the music.....................
    http://my.cybersoup.com/plumcrazy
  • waiting
    waiting

Hi Boreoa,

Emotions run high on subjects like this. People have left the board because of this subject and real/perceived hard feelings.

Your post also opened up some dialogue and the whitewashing that the jw's continue to do. Lord, I could gag for the hundreds of times I received the infamous "Wait on Jehovah." One elder had the audacity to say "If it takes a hundred years, wait on Jehovah." In other words, don't do anything about the situation for your entire life.

Shut up till you die.

Cool analogy and/or joke, Mustang!

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit