Vacation - Where is everyone going?

by DevonMcBride 13 Replies latest social physical

• Mulan
    Mulan

Man, Rachel, you are going to get some serious frequent flier miles this year!!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Auckland at the end of July! (Do you realise how %*&^#$@ cold it will be???)

• Scully
    Scully

We usually go away for the long weekend right after the kids are finished school for the summer.

Last year we went to Niagara Falls and had a great time doing the tourist thing. We spent a day at Marineland, which we all enjoyed thoroughly.

This year, we're hoping the weather will cooperate so that we can take a trip to the Toronto Zoo. It's been on our 'to-do' list for a long time, we've just never had great weather whenever we've wanted to go.

The first week in August we're invited to attend a family reunion in Prince Edward Island, which also happens to be prime season for lobster suppers. It's a bit of a long drive with three kids, so we might beg off if we can't rent a van (the type with the TV and VCR installed). We haven't been to PEI since 1988, which was our last trip to eastern Canada.

We'll also be taking in activities at the local sportsplex a few times a week. Our membership gives us unlimited access to the swimming pool, wave pool, hot tub and sauna, a fitness centre, and the skating arena. So on those sweltering August afternoons, I might be hanging around a frosty cool skating rink. Of course, I'll probably collapse from heat stroke when I step outside, but that's life on the razor's edge!

Love, Scully

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Lets seee...I'm thinking 2 words.....

ROAD TRIP!

Spicy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit