Vacation - Where is everyone going?

by DevonMcBride 13 Replies latest social physical

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

What is everyone's vacation plans? In Aug we are going to DisneyWorld and in November we will be going back to East Africa for another safari.

Last year we went to Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara in Tanzania and the Masai Mara region in Kenya. This year we will be going to Kenya to see Amboselli, Tsavo West, Sweetwater and Mt. Kenya.

Anyone else been to this part of the world?
    Devon

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Going to DisneyWorld in August?
    Yikes!

Never been to the other places, but if you're use to sweltering heat in a jungle ( of people ) have a blast!

I am planning to go to Italy and Spain in October, two places I have always wanted to go.

Any suggestions on best places to visit there?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Going to Berlin in July.

• myself
    myself

Not going to the District Assembly.
    Am planning a trip to Harbor Springs, Michigan

• Flip
    Flip
    What is everyone's vacation plans? In Aug we are going to DisneyWorld and in November we will be going back to East Africa for another safari.

Gee! that's great Dev'! What a coincidence, we're trying to do something similar...planning on asking COMF if we can have his permission to camp out in his new backyard for a couple of days...I figure if he didn't want drop-in's, he wouldn't have posted a picture of where he lived.

Flip

• Mulan
    Mulan

We are going camping with a huge group, last week of July, to Orcas Island, in the San Juan Islands (Washington State). Venice and her folks, three of my kids and their families (Princess) and two of our sons, Salud and his wife, and more!!

In September, I will probably go with Princess and the kids to Disneyland.

On December 25, we are going to Hawaii for our 40th anniversary (December 29).........I was 2 when I got married. Princess and her family are coming, and our eldest son and his family, and Princess' sister in law and her husband from Boston. We are renting a house and guest cottage, right on the beach on the North Shore of Oahu.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• outnfree
    outnfree

WOW!

I am going to Texas to visit my bestest cousin and while I'm there I'm going to visit Flip and his family in COMF's backyard!!! I'm also going to take my two kids to Six Flags with Lyin' Eyes and Wild Turkey and family (at least I hope so).

After that, I'll celebrate Andi/Billygoat's birthday at a TexMexSalvadoran place that's a bit expensive for joy2bfree's pocketbook, but hey, you only live once! (I can't figure out how she knows it's expensive since the Texans can't seem to decide on a place, but far be it from me to doubt a woman who does episiotomies on a regular basis.)

THEN I was gonna drive across to FL and see Safe4Kids and then north to see Lilacs on a college tour kind of trip, but now that I know my son has to be back for freshman orientation on the 15 of Aug., I don't see how I can manage it.

Myself?
    When you have your plans set for Harbor Springs, e-mail me. Maybe I can meet you for lunch on your way there or back?

outnfree

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift

• raven101
    raven101

We will be spending weekends at Mt. Shasta and around Bodega Bay. Also trips to localish areas we have yet to see like the Modoc Plateau, John Muir Wilderness, Yosemite etc.

Can't wait!

Raven101

• Princess
    Princess

I'm taking the kids to Boston and New Hampshire next month, closely followed by a week long apostafest on Orcas Island. Then in August I'm taking the kids to Hood River, Oregon to visit some friends. September/October I'm taking the kids to Disneyland with Mulan then the Hawaii/40th anniversary trip. Hmmmm, I need to take my husband with me on more trips!

Rachel

"Consider the lilies of the goddamn field" -Ulysses Everett McGill

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

ya'll have good plans

i'm going to Toronto for a week in the middle of june by myself. the last week of june i'm going to Alberta with my mom to see my dad. and i'm going to Chicago in august with a friend . in the meantime i will be suntanning on my roof with lots of beer. i love summer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit