Lurker....wants expert assistance (question)

by refiners fire 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Will the WTBTS take a Disfellowshipped individuals' money?

The answer is short.

Yes!

Change the will. Now.

Hypocracy has nothing to do with it.

IT's kinda ironic how they use the law of the land to their advantage when it favors them - and ignores it when it goes against them (can we say silent lambs?).

Actually... thinking about this - one could have some 'fun' iffn they wanted to play with the WTBTS. Flash the will in the face of the local 'elders' - and let them know it will be changed - unless you are 're-instated'. See if they have a 'hearing' to re-consider.

(Naw - you're better off outta that org.)

Regards,

Jim TX

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I just wonder what a little old lady can have done to get d/f'd ,if she still believes in the Org?

Nicoulou gave us this from the WT CDRom
    "15 The Society occasionally uses the columns of this journal to alert readers to their privilege of making voluntary donations to the worldwide Kingdom-preaching work.
    This is not solicitation, "

Sure looks like it to me! There's another privilege I am missing out on.

• one
    one

WT treasury dept does not have an spiritual responsability.
    BTW was Leo Greenless the department head? If so then that explain it...

Again, WT seems cotrolled by profit demanding investors. Hardened investors got no heart, BUT A NASDAQ LEVEL II station.

• Francois
    Francois

The WATCHTOWER'S position on this is utterly irrelevant. You can change your will any time you want, as often as you want. If you change your will five minutes before you pass on, it's STILL legal.

However, if you have set up a Charitable Remainder Trust with the WTBTS as the beneficiary, you're going to need more help than I can provide, because now you're breaking a trust.

Francois

• TheContagion
    TheContagion

Think about it from their position.
    She didn't change her will because deep down inside she knew it was the truth.

• Scully
    Scully

TheContagion writes:

Think about it from their position.
    She didn't change her will because deep down inside she knew it was the truth.

She already stated that she trusted the WTS to have the ethical responsibility to not take money from a disfellowshipped person. She asked for our opinion on whether the WTS would hypocritically take money from someone they ousted. I think the consensus is unanimous that, in fact, they would have NO QUALMS in doing so.

To the WTS, $$$$$ is $$$$$. They'd probably take drug money if they thought they could get away with it.

Love, Scully

• mustang
    mustang

Just renaming the title for JT. His post, from a serious "insider viewpoint" is and should be a real eye-opener.

Mustang

All that I write or utter is considered to be protected by religious freedom under the Constitution of the United States, as the "free exercise" and "freedom of speech" clauses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit