I'm new at this!

by SweatPea 17 Replies latest jw friends

• SweatPea
    SweatPea

Hi guys and girls! I've been visiting this site for the last three days and decided to join the group. I was DF in 1965 and to tell you the truth (no pun intended) I don't think I have ever recovered. It's the shunning thing that I can't shake. Hopefully this forum can get me over this hurdle.
    I'm twice divorced (both wordly men) and live in North Carolina. I have two daughters, who by the way are very resentful of JW's, and two beautiful grand daughters.
    Hope to correspond with all soon.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Howdy Susie, Glad your here!

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

welcome SUSIE B. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ALL ESPECIALLY YOU SUSIE B. (((healling hugs)))) PEACE !!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Susie,

Welcome to our little world here. You won't be shunned here, I promise.

You're a veteran in the ex-JW life -- struggling with it for so long, I offer you a mixture of condolences and admiration! I hope you find some good acquaintances/friends out here. I have!

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

• COMF
    COMF

Welcome, Susie! Don't be shy about asking questions. All of us were "new at this" once upon a time. Before long it'll be second nature to you.

COMF

"Can you believe there are still people suckering for this shit? Hehehe!"
    - J.R. Brown

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, SusieB.

Now to me this is truly sad that the effects of being disfellowshipped has lasted for almost 40 years. Now that you have recognized the problem, hopefully you'll be able to get some healing done.

May I suggest some good books to read, if you are interested. My e-mail is open.

Otherwise, read what other posters have written about their experiences and how they have coped with healing. You are among people who understand the jw experience and will hopefully help you heal.

Hugs,
    j2bf

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hey Suse!

ashi

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Welcome, Susan B.!

I look forward to read about your experiences and thoughts.

Regards,

AjaxMan

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Susie B.,

What part of NC are you in. I live in Eden and if you were in NC in 1965 I may know you. I was going strong in the JWs then.

Ken P.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Welcome to the board Susie!!!! I was born in 65, the year your were DF'ed would love to hear more from you.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit