Our hall is asking for money...

by thedepressedsoul 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie
    Isn't the arrangement now that if you don't give, the WTS can take it out of the congregation's bank account?
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

The approach seems to be a local thing. However, per the original letter, the BOE is supposed to re-evaluate this every year (May) and make adjustments as necessary. So, expect this to me an annual thing.

• sir82
    sir82

In our congregation, the amount sent to Bethel averages out to less than 1/2 what was "pledged" last year. Some months, after paying local expenses, there was literally nothing to be sent on to Bethel.

I am surprised, nearly shocked, that neither the CO nor the branch has said boo about it. 12 months of low payments & nothing said.

Not sure if we have a softie/sympathetic CO or if it is official policy not to say anything.

• antes8080
    antes8080

yes Blondie every month they withdraw from your bank account like if it is cable bill.

if the first year of these arengment was tough I can imagine next year will be brutal.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    It is our policy to never ask for money. But give us your money!! We aren't asking, see...we are demanding. You aren't doing enough. You are a burden for us to bear. Yeah we tell you what to do with every aspect of your life, and you better not work too much, and you better not go to college to get a decent job or heaven forbid, get educated, you worthless pieces of crap who only are approved by God if WE think you are by you following our millions of rules....how DARE you not donate enough?? Where would you be without us?? GIVE US YOUR MONEY!
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

A couple of years ago, we were told they were building a new assembly hall in the area. IT was seen as such a blessing by most. They passed the survey around in one of the meeting. I guess whatever we pledged may have not been enough because a month later, another survey was conducted. The excuse for the new survey was that "some of the writing on the survey was not clear or readable" so the brothers wanted to make sure they would undercut themselves.

Pledging and not supporting it sounds like a great idea. Should start adding zeros the next time we take part in a survey.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just write that WT quote on the slip!

( the original one about never asking for money from CT Russel)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A few years ago, before I fully woke up, we had the same thing asked of us here.

Except they originally asked for NAMES to be written on the slip!!!

That was until one elder stood up and said "NO! That would be wrong"

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Just put a folded copy of the September 2015 public Watchtower, highlighted where it says they will never solicit for funds, into their contribution box.
  • Incognito
    Incognito

Does anyone know if the new 'forgiven loans' arrangement is in-place around the world or only in certain locations? I recall, the literature donation arrangement was not initiated in all countries when initially implemented but was phased-in world wide over time.

We have not attended in almost a decade and we prefer not to discuss JW/WT matters with our JW relations - the ones that do still talk to us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit