Soulfulness leads to spirituality

by Imbue 19 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol at SYN. I agree. Some people just can't handle the razors edge of real life. Imbue, SYN didn't say or even imply that the words about spirituality were corrupt, just vague.

And so they are. It's like the last frontier for our ego's, where no one, freakin' NO ONE, can tell us we're wrong. When all is said and done, I think that is what our ego's want, the same as when we were two.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Six it was meant to be vague for personal interpretation. This concept for those raised in the troof is foreign. I didn't say she implied corruption but some persons are adverse to spirituality because of past experiences with corruption.

Six says: "Some people just can't handle the razors edge of real life."

Then others are just shallow and they can't see poetry in life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yeah, well, just be sure you don't infer that I'm shallow or can't see the poetry of life. 'Cuz that'd be stupid of you.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Imbue,

I found this on an old journal and cleaned it up a bit. In order to share it with some of you.

Was this your journal or someone elses? Just curious.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• larc
    larc

girls, girls, take it easy now. It isn't good to fight on a spiritual thread.

Now in my case I like barbacued ribs and chicken. Oops, thought it said "soul food."

• JanH
    JanH

I think you will find the following "debate", or rather, discussion, interesting and illuminating:

Richard Dawkins & Steven Pinker:

Is Science Killing The Soul?

See http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/dawkins_pinker/debate_p1.html

Unlike most participants in such debates, Dawkins and Pinker understand the importance of clearly defining terms in these debates. The problem is precisely that everybody has their own idea about what "soul", "spiritual", etc means, thus making meeningful communication difficult.

- Jan
    --
    - "How do you write women so well?" - "I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability." (Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets")

• teejay
    teejay

What an “original” post, Imbue. I’m impressed.

Not really. You’re full of bullshit, and you (and I) know it.

Care if I explain?

p.s. "original posts." please. just another pseudo-intellectual, hoping to profit from the work and thoughts of others greater than you (which ain't saying much).

• Imbue
    Imbue

cassline

This is a blending of various writing assignments that I've consummated while in recovery. These represent my thoughts over the years in reaction to the things; I've learned in recovery. Writing is a major tool utilized in the recovery process. I've done writings on many subjects and I've examined spirituality numerous times. It's a common practice to do writings in response to readings with your own feelings and interpretation.

Some people here wouldn't understand anything about recovery issues because they are too full of themselves.

(Ok! He borrowed it)

• Imbue
    Imbue

Teejay:
    You've certainly never impressed anyone I've had the pleasure of corresponding with here and in other places. I believe your still angry that I saw your love letter to a certain former poster....hehehe

You should really work out your anger issues. I believe it really may have something to do with your feeling that you have no control of your wife. Then maybe it could be all the shame you carry around because you were born into a poor uneducated family.

At any length your still a special kind of stupid.

(Ok! He borrowed it)

• refiners fire
    refiners fire
    ... your love letter to a certain former poster.... you have no control of your wife...the shame you carry around because you were born into a poor uneducated family....

Hey TJ man.
    Sounds like fascinating stuff, hope you werent dumb enough to put all that info into a questionaire on a website.
    You gotta watch out for those things man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit