Soulfulness leads to spirituality

by Imbue 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Imbue
    Imbue

I found this on an old journal and cleaned it up a bit. In order to share it with some of you. I've thought about this matter at length and I still feel the same way about soulfulness and spirituality. I never agreed with the WT on these matters. I only recently realized I've always been apostate.

Soulfulness leads to spirituality. Spirituality is a state of fullness, an amplitude. With spirituality we see with a larger vision. The whole comes into view. We grasp what the philosophers call "coincidence of opposites." We see things holistically, not as objectified parts. We have reverence for all things, and reverence pervades our life. reverence means "to see a world in a grain of sand," as Blake wrote. Every aspect of the creation is wonderful and sacred.

Spirituality celebrates life and is in awe of higher powers. Some call the Higher Power God. whatever we call the Higher Power, we believe that there is something or someone greater than ourselves. We are thankful for our life and feel like praising the Higher Power.

Spirituality leads us to service and solitude. We care for our fellows and take action to show it. We have love for ourselves. We love others as an expansion of our own life. We understand that by giving we receive. We grasp that by lighting others candles, we do not lose our own light. The more candles one lights the more enlightened the world becomes.

Soulfulness leads us to the realization that spirituality is our human experience. To be fully human is to be fully spiritual. We are spiritual by nature. We are not material beings trying to become spiritual as the WT would have us believe. We are spiritual beings on a human journey. Soul sees the depth of spirituality in everything and everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Amen

SS

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Very interesting Imbue...

{Joe rubs his chin as he attempts to wrap his mind around it}

What strikes me is the individuality of the experience. This soulfulness is obviously extremely personal to you (as it should be). I absolutely agree that each person must find their own spirituality in "every aspect of creation."

So may I ask you (at the risk of taking off on a tangent!), what do you believe to be the draw of large, organized movements (like the JWs)? Just the comfort of conformity?

-Joe

• Robdar
    Robdar

Imbue,

Thanks for posting this topic.

Love,
    Robyn

• Imbue
    Imbue

Joe asks:

what do you believe to be the draw of large, organized movements (like the JWs)?

I believe that part of the draw is the sense of community. The WT pretends to have all the answers. Many are struggling to find some meaningful purpose in life and the WT does provide a satisfactory life for those willing to do THEIR will. However, woman do seem to be the driving force with conversions. I wonder if...

hehe... It does seem that more females have an addiction to religiosity. Maybe it's because in the most ancient days it was the medicine woman who had the power. Women had the power to create life and for this they were esteemed. When civilizations developed liturgies men took that power away from woman. Then only the male Priests had knowledge of the gods and the power over others. Maybe when women are converting their men it's a way of taking back that power.

Does this sound familiar?

(Ok! He borrowed it)

• SYN
    SYN

That must be the vaguest thing I've ever read! I'm still blinking in consternation!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• Satanus
    Satanus
    what do you believe to be the draw of large, organized movements (like the JWs)?
    I think that part of the draw is the sense of community.

To add a bit to this idea, the community group think gives a sense of security. Often people who join groups: religious, large corporate, or national, do so out of insecurity. In the case of jw's, they also abdicate responsilities for themselves, their urban community, and for the problems of the rest of the world. All responsibility is turned over to their wt corp.

SS

• Imbue
    Imbue

Syn:

Spirituality is open to personal interpretation. You may not be used to that concept since you were raised a dub. I hope you come to know something about it one day because all things spiritual are not corrupt. Since you have witnessed so much corruption in your WT experience. I can see how you may have difficulty with these ideas.

(Ok! He borrowed it)

• Valis
    Valis

air baths for everyone!!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Imbue
    Imbue

Valis It's an extremely warm breeze you just brought in from down south! *imbue opens window*

(Ok! He borrowed it)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit