JW's Sell Kingdom Hall

by RR 43 Replies latest jw friends

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

why do they sell kingdoom halls?

because they are paid off, and they get "free labor" to build another one, a bigger one, worth way more money..... and while they are building it, they get alot of attention, and donations.

if you got fee labor to build another house, wouldn't you sell yours, and and triple your investment?

it's a business.

• waiting
    waiting

Well, this hasn't been mentioned yet.....but I've been curious about this for a long time.

When selling a KH - true, it's just a building, and can be sold to anyone. But JW's have been condemning all other religions since being invented.

Wouldn't selling a KH knowingly to another church be encouraging that church to grow? Actually, helping them to grow?

Wasn't that one of the reasons that we don't donate anything (time, effort, money) to any other religious organization - don't help them grow? Otherwise, we'd be part of them - in a jw-way. "Have no part of her, my people."

hey Lisa

Yeah, it was crappy. My husband's father was one of those country "good ol boys." Quiet, shy, and followed orders - but a good heart.

Any seller can put stipulations on whatever he's selling.....as long as the buyer goes along with it, and it's legal. My in-laws originally didn't want to sell the property to the jw's - only let them use it as long as they wanted it. It was their best land.

The jw's wouldn't do that, and coerced them into giving it to them outright and didn't even like the First Option to Buy that was put in. I don't even think that hurt them as much as the coldness of the elders and cong. when the sale went through.

It was like that scriptural thought: "You're nothing but a good for nothing slave. ... You gave freely." And they took freely.

Some sort of a Thank You Get Together was all it would have taken to sidestep so much hurt.....but the Society doesn't put appreciation into their written directives.....so the elders can't show it.

waiting

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Valis,
    Are you from the Bossier City/Shreveport, Louisiana area? Of course, I
    suspect people from Texas and Arkansas as well go there to gamble.

• Valis
    Valis

Valis in Dallas Division of Witness Protection Program. A "joint" effort with the UADNA...heheh.. I like Bosier City, but I usually like hitting Nawlins if at all possible. Better time there engaging in drunkeness, debauchery, AND the casting of lot.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Farkel
    Farkel

Prisca,

: However, a one-off sale of a KH is not considered regular business.

How about a one-off screw in the hay? I guess that isn't considered "regular business," either.

If you are fornicating, you are fornicating. If you are doing business with Babylon the Grape you are doing business with Babylon the Grape. If you're the ultra-rich WTS and you make a hefty profit selling your assets to Babylon the Grape, it's ok. If you're a dumb dub and you mow church lawns in order to survive and feed your family you get DFd.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Farkel

• seven006
    seven006

This line of thinking has brought up a some questions. After the last hall I helped build we had the district overseer come to give a talk at the kingdom hall "dedication." At the end of the talk he said he dedicated the new hall to Jehovah god.

When this is done and the hall is later sold to a different religion does that nullify the dedication? Is the dedication for a limited time only? Is it a sin to sell something that has been dedicated to god? When Jesus supposedly threw the money changers out of his fathers temple (house) was he giving the building a sense of sanctity? Did he make some kind of statement about the building itself?

If that temple is the same as a kingdom hall and they are both dedicated to god isn't it a sin to sell it to an enemy of god, that being another religion that is considered false? Isn't that somewhat of a slap in the face? Is a temple or kingdom hall just a building or does it represent more? What good is a dedication if it is over looked when it is sold? Would this forgetting about a dedication apply to people as well if they had a good reason to ignore their one time vow of dedication and move on?

I know people and buildings are two different things, but, isn't a dedication to god still a dedication?
    Is there any scripture that talks about how to undedacate someone or something?

Just a few thoughts.

Dave

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Dave,

Fine thoughts:

Another question on this here question.

Germany was actively at war with America, and had some tanks that were out of date, so Germany bought some new, bigger, tanks. Would it be ethical for the German government to sell those old tanks to America to make money? Remember, they are at war - just like the WBTS has always said they are at war with Satan.

We are speaking about governments here - Germany being seen as Jehovah's government using the WTBTS as His visible organization, and America seen as Satan's government (the world.)

If that temple is the same as a kingdom hall and they are both dedicated to god isn't it a sin to sell it to an enemy of god, that being another religion that is considered false? Isn't that somewhat of a slap in the face? - Dave
    A slap in the face - and helping God's enemy grow.

Interesting thought about TEMPORARY DEDICATION of a building - and the WTBTS acceptance that it's correct to do that. Could our dedication to God and accepting the rules of the WTBTS also considered a temporaty dedication?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

waiting

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace...

And may you all understand that truly... there is 'nothing new under the sun'. How so? I give you the WTBTS' original "Bethel". For all who think that the "Society" did something "great" in calling the headquarters "Bethel", let me enlighten you, if I may:

First, the word "Bethel" - which means "House (Beth) of God (El) - was an ancient center of false worship. The capital of Samaria (the territory of the 10-tribe kingdom of Israel - the SAMARITANS), Bethel was the place where King Jeroboam set up worship after deciding that worshiping at the temple at Jerusalem (the capital of Judea, the territory of the 2-tribe kingdom of Judah) was just too far to travel. And rather than adhere to the "law" that only Levitical priests could serve in the temple, he (Jeroboam) went taking from the among the people, making priests... of anyone HE chose. Thus, many of the Levite priests left Bethel... and went back to Jerusalem.

Second, the WTBTS' orignal headquarters, fondly referred to as "Bethel" was formerly the Protestant church "Plymouth Bethel", and when the "Society" bought the building and took it over, they simply dropped the "Plymouth" part.

My point?... Seriously? You don't GET the point? Okay... the POINT is that:

1. The Society started OUT in a building purchased from so-called "Babylon the Great"...

2. They didn't even come up with the name Bethel; it was already there; they just dropped a part...

3. Bethel is STILL a center of false worship.

Want proof? Look up "Bethel" in:

1. NWT (especially the Reference one)
    2. Insight On The Scriptures, Vol. 1
    3. Proclaimer's Book

See?! Nothing new under the sun. Nothing at all. And by their OWN mouths, they condemn themselves.

May the one that has 'ears'... HEAR... and get the sense of it!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• gumby
    gumby

I see Farkles point....if a brother made $10,000 a year by being a church grounds keeper.....or if the society profits $10,000 from a one-time sale.....the money is the same.

Why should the society be able to profit but the brother cannot?
    Remember their argument is to not AID babylon in any way in her false worship.....don't be a SHARER in her wicked works.

Selling your hall knowingly to babylon so they can have a church would be AIDING them....wouldn't it?....the same as mowing the lawn?

Discrimination could be charged against them for NOT selling to a church if it was LISTED on the market.....so they bend the rules.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Dave,so do you just sit around thinking of thought provoking shit to write.Good post man!One day we`re going to run into each other shoot the breeze and toss back a few cold ones.I`ve just run across some deadly agave Mezcal.The brand name is Gusano Rojo.This is a seriosly good drink.A lick of salt,a shot of mezcal,and a bite of lime.Go`s good with a cold brewski..Later...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit