JW's Sell Kingdom Hall

by RR 43 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

A while back, I told of my wife going by our old Kingdom Hall and surprised to see an American flag hanging by the window. I thought this was picture worthy news, and some of you agreed.

Well it turns out the Congregation sold the hall to a Phillipino Church. What gets me is

1. They doing business with babylon. In the past Witnesses were forced to quit their jobs because of this practice. Some lost business opportunities because of being told not to do business with babylon. Others lost privileges for doing such business, yet here they are doing it themselves.

2. The Congregation is building a new hall, yet at the moment, they have no hall, because one is being built and their old one is sold to babylon. I have no idea where their meeting. Probably meeting at the Stanley Theater where the Society is charging them an exorbitant monthly rent.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

One of the KH I helped built was also sold to another church - forget which one but they didn't seem to mind taking that Satanic money

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

• Grunt
    Grunt

The old rule about not dealing with Babylon must have been dropped after they got caught with Jimmy Swaggert. Anyway they sold the KH in Leesburg, Florida to a real church, the Salvation Army. Now there are some people that seem to do some good.

• Farkel
    Farkel

They humped the "Wild Beast" for ten years before their little scam got exposed. No one should be surprised then if they deal directly in money matters with Babylon-the-Grape.

I see some supreme potential irony here, though: if it was like any normal KH, there were dubs in the landscaping business who probably were "encouraged" to mow the lawn. For free, of course. Now, if these same brothers got a job to mow that same lawn with the new occupants, they would be disfellowshiped in a New-York-minute.

The Watchtower Printing and Child-Molesting Corporation is led by liars, hypocrites and whores.

Farkel

• professor
    professor

The Kingdom Hall I used to attend is now a martial arts studio. One of the pioneer sisters from the congregation works there as a cleaning person.

• Undecided
    Undecided

The Kingdom Hall that I help to design and build has been for sale for several months. They have land about 3 miles from the old homeplace where I grew up. Why they are moving I have no idea.

The one that my dad help build is now a church of some faith that I am not familar with.

Most of the old ones end up like this.

Ken P.

• Satanus
    Satanus

One i helped build in edmonton, canada, was sold to be a sikh temple in the late seventies. I wonder what jehovah thinks of a building dedicated to him being full of pagan demon worshippers, sold to them for money by his name people?

SS

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

To the JW a KH is just a building with no intrinsic spiritual value in itself - that'd be idolitary (sp?). So of course they have no problem selling to anyone with the bucks (although renting it to them may be different, like with employment there may then be a tacit consent to their activities). Interesting to see what happens to the old KH though.

Cheers, Max

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

<To the JW a KH is just a building with no intrinsic spiritual value in itself - that'd be idolitary (sp?).>

uhhh actually:

"Our dress, grooming, and decorum should bespeak the dignity associated with with worshipping Jehovah at his house."

"Both inside and out, the Kingdom Hall should be a proper representation of jehovah's organization."

OM pages 62 and 63.

I know for a fact that many JW"s have stopped contributing to the Society. Case in point in my own congregation: For the first time in almost a decade of attending meetings at this Hall, for the last three months, we have put out more than we have taken in.

When the Wintnesses can't pay their mortgage, Watchtower can and does reposses the Hall. If it can be sold for enough money, the congregation can then build or buy a Hall in a cheaper part of town.

You are going to see a whhoooooole lot of this in the next few years. You are going to see three and four congregations crowded into one Hall (there are five in mine) as bit by bit the money dries up and Watchtower will not slow down its real estate ventures anywhere in the world untill every JW is meeting in tents.

Then they'll think about it.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• gumby
    gumby

Well it turns out the Congregation sold the hall to a Phillipino Church. What gets me is

1. They doing business with babylon

Selling a piece of property and performing a SERVICE on a regular basis can't quite be comparable in dubland.

I'm sure they feel anyone has a right to buy it even if is a church. It's offered to the public and a church is part of the public.

If a sister owned a grocery store and a pastor from the baptist church came in on a regular basis to buy food for the churches activities.....would she be required to not sell to him? No

Whats the difference? I see no need to make an issue out of selling it to whoever has the dough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit