Erica's Dateline interview

by TweetieBird 13 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Others on this board have mentioned that the JW's have dismissed Erica's interview as "lies" because she wore a cross. I didn't even notice the cross as I was busy concentrating on what she was saying. However, in Dubville, one must quickly discredit what a perceived opposer is saying or doing. In this instance, dubs had to find something wrong with Dateline to discredit the whole thing.

A family member brought this up to some of us when discussing the program and the subsequent letter. She mentioned that "Erica had a cross on and that her dad had a pony tail, so you can tell that they were apostate."

Concerning the letter, she thought it was an "awesome letter that the society wrote and gave the whole truth, whereas Dateline didn't."

She said that the WTS has some things posted on their website and at the her meeting, they even directed the brothers to go there and read the entire letter that they wrote to Dateline declining an interview, but I can't find their website. Instead I keep finding "apostate" sites. I went to one that I thought was theirs only to discover after perusing it a while, that it was an "apostate site." Oh well! I sure hope the loyal dubs don't stumble onto it. LOL

"It is not that I am afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."

-Woody Allen-

• Gopher
    Gopher

Tweetie,

The WT official website is http://www.watchtower.org. That address has been published a few times in the "Kingdom Ministry" monthly JW newsletter.

Interestingly, the lead item currently on Watchtower.Org is "Protect Your Children!" That of course, is to "prove" to its members that the apostates are incorrect, that JW's really do care more about children then about the reputation of the organization. Seriously! They're trying to get people to buy that!

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Thanks, I haven't read a KM in quite a while.

My main point was this, for those that do not have their address, if they do a search for "Jehovahs Witnesses" on a search engine, they will possibly come across hundreds of "apostate sites" before they find the right one. That could and has backfired on them.

"It is not that I am afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."

-Woody Allen-

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Amazing how deceit cannot be associated with lying when it comes to covering up their outright negligence. Play on words. They covered their derriere by posting their articles on Child abuse, but they never put it in practice. This is what the public needs to be aware of. They wrongfully expelled those who spoke out by fingering them as being dissenters, rather, dung disturbers. The soap-opera continues.

Guest 77

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

You find their letter at http://www.jw-media.org

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Everything I read on the Witness site is offered in defense or
    vindication of their stance. No contrite acknowledgement of
    fault or failure on their part. But that will not suffice.
    The problem will not go away by wishing it away or explaining it
    away.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

What continues to amaze me is that they continually preach how untrustworty the internet is and how you cannot trust what you read. Yet, they direct loyal dubs to their web site to read their stories. If virtually everything on the internet is so untrustworthy, how can their messages be trusted?

Side note: I wouldn't trust what they say even in their printed literature.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I would say to any Dub that questions Erica's truthfulness on the fact she is wearing a cross, Can you blame her? After the court case and she saw how her supposed friends treated her and how the dubs made her accuser up as the victim, Can you blame her from turning away from the Jdubs? She has turned to another faith, one that is supportive of her but in the eyes of a dub, she is wrong. I just hope any of these good Jdubs that have small children don't have their children going out door to door with a pervert.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Ummm... that is what I was wondering.

I seem to recall that they were denouncing the Internet - and I thought that they were cautioning the JWs against using it.

Now, if I understand correctly, they are promoting their web site?

Hmmm... so, let's see if I have this straight.

Using the Internet is bad.

But... if you are going to get on the Internet... here's our web site address.

Got it! I understand now. (An example of circular logic?)

Regards,

Jim TX

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Well, Jim, it's like this. If you can't "beat" the Internet, you
    might as well join it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit